What's new

Customer signatures on office 2010 and PDF documents

sjohnston3

I have order forms that I fill out for customers and have them sign and either fax or give back to me. I purchased a Surface Pro with Office 2010 and Acrobat Pro installed and want to be able to fill out the forms on the tablet, have my customer sign it, and save the signature in the document. Do I need an app to accomplish this? If so, does anyone know what works best? Is this something that the Surface Pro provides out of the box? Thanks for any help you can provide.

bosamar

From my government experience we used Certificate/Digital signatures. Lots of info at adobe.com about them. Easy to use.

J515OP

Super Moderator
You don't need anything special to do what you are asking. Both Word and Acrobat will support pen input on the documents for signatures.

ximoosea

Agree with malbertoo....PDF Annotator rocks. It is a great program and works perfectly with the Surface Pro. My only wish is that there was a way to make the toolbar or icons a bit bigger so they are easier to select.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Agree with malbertoo....PDF Annotator rocks. It is a great program and works perfectly with the Surface Pro. My only wish is that there was a way to make the toolbar or icons a bit bigger so they are easier to select.

There is. Contact Adobe and ask them to update for touch use ;)