What's new

Desperately seeking base-to-screen cable

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Web sites are the same ... BatPower.com PoderCamino.com
Some Tab labels on the PoderCamino site even say Batpower.

I'd guess PoderCamino came first, is Spanish for Power Path, then the Americanized name BatPower came second... Of course, it means Battery Power and any relation to BatMan is purely coincidental and imagined by fanciful peoples.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Web sites are the same ... BatPower.com PoderCamino.com
Some Tab labels on the PoderCamino site even say Batpower.

I'd guess PoderCamino came first, is Spanish for Power Path, then the Americanized name BatPower came second... Of course, it means Battery Power and any relation to BatMan is purely coincidental and imagined by fanciful peoples.

I would go for the PoderCamino. Looks like a good find at a good price.

OP
F

flar

D'oh! I just ordered the BatPower last night based on longer warranty and the fact that there are a couple of first-hand reports of it here on the forum. Arriving today. A $50 Amazon gift certificate made it a less painful purchase.

OP
F

flar

Though, still, it would have been nice to fork over only around $30-ish for a base to clipboard cable that would leverage the item that is already next to me in my computer bag.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
You could purchase a pair of used/undersized/salvaged chargers and cut/splice the cables to make your own. There are six conductors to splice.

OP
F

flar

You could purchase a pair of used/undersized/salvaged chargers and cut/splice the cables to make your own. There are six conductors to splice.
One of the connectors would need to mate with the hinge connector, though, wouldn't it? Is there such a connector other than the ones embedded in the base and tablet?
Also, the base might decide that it wasn't really attached to a tablet and refuse to provide power without some hacking...?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
One of the connectors would need to mate with the hinge connector, though, wouldn't it? Is there such a connector other than the ones embedded in the base and tablet?
Also, the base might decide that it wasn't really attached to a tablet and refuse to provide power without some hacking...?

Good points indeed.

chekhonte

My solution was to get a USB C external battery with at least 30 watts of output along with a usb c to surface fin charging cable. It works great for just the tablet. It will keep it charged for a day in battery saver mode. The cable is 6 feet which gives me enough maneuvering room.