What's new

Does Anybody wants a REAL Surface RT / Windows RT Review ???

cauzion

Hey friends, after using my Surface RT for 7 months on an average of 7-8 hours/day and after I've downloaded more than 200 apps, I decided to start a blog with my perceptions and I would like to invite you guys to post your comments.

http://SurfaceRtReview.BlogSpot.com
It's so many things I would like to share that I can't use this forum to do it.

oneniner

Thanks. This was useful for me. I am still comparing options and have narrowed my choice to Surface RT or Nexus 10. I am probably getting the RT. All the fuss about Windows 8 had me concerned. But I have been trying it at every opportunity when shopping and I find it to be very cool. Capabilites and features
no other tablet has and I like the fact that the hardware and software come from the same manufacturer.

kristalsoldier

Thanks. This was useful for me. I am still comparing options and have narrowed my choice to Surface RT or Nexus 10. I am probably getting the RT. All the fuss about Windows 8 had me concerned. But I have been trying it at every opportunity when shopping and I find it to be very cool. Capabilites and features
no other tablet has and I like the fact that the hardware and software come from the same manufacturer.

Lol! I have both...Surface RT and the Nexus 10 and I seem to obsess with both at different times during the week! Currently, I am in my Surface RT phase. A couple of weeks back, it was the Nexus 10 phase. I thought about selling my Nexus 10, but I can't bring myself to do so!!!!

Arun01

Lol! I have both...Surface RT and the Nexus 10 and I seem to obsess with both at different times during the week! Currently, I am in my Surface RT phase. A couple of weeks back, it was the Nexus 10 phase. I thought about selling my Nexus 10, but I can't bring myself to do so!!!!

I was going to buy a Surface RT but the ability not to be able to resize the windows during multitasking was a deal breaker for me. I bought the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 & it's blown me away. Maybe I'll get a RT once they bring out the 2nd generation. :cool2:

kristalsoldier

I was going to buy a Surface RT but the ability not to be able to resize the windows during multitasking was a deal breaker for me. I bought the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 & it's blown me away. Maybe I'll get a RT once they bring out the 2nd generation. :cool2:

Isn't that (resizing of windows etc.) going to be a part of the 8.1 update?

The only reason I would consider the Note 10.1 is for the S-Pen capability on a slim form factor. I really wish MS has included the pen capability on the RT. It would have been the perfect machine for me then. That and the ability to use Tor and PGP would have completed the circle. As things stand, I am hoping that Surface Pro 2 (with Haswell) is slimmer, lighter, and has a better battery life than the current Pro version. If all these conditions are met, then I am going to go Surface Pro 2 all the way!

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I found that using the Jot Pro Stylus with a medium thick pen in OneNote gives me a really good inking experience. If we get OneNote/Outlook integration in 8.1 I will only use my x86 machine for Data Modeling and Pivot Reports :) (Oh, and presenting in Lync Meetings)

kristalsoldier

I found that using the Jot Pro Stylus with a medium thick pen in OneNote gives me a really good inking experience. If we get OneNote/Outlook integration in 8.1 I will only use my x86 machine for Data Modeling and Pivot Reports :) (Oh, and presenting in Lync Meetings)

Do you use the Jot Pro Stylus on your RT? If yes, how do you deal with the palm imprint/ pressure? Does that not cause problems? I was thinking about a Stylus too - specifically for making notes on PDFs - but from what I understand, the experience is not as good as that on the Pro.