What's new

Edge Freezing

KeithP

Has anyone experienced, or is experiencing, Edge freezing requiring it to be closed then re opened?

Exhile

Yes I have which is why I use Google Chrome. I do use Edge once in a while for sites that don't work on Chrome.

OP
K

KeithP

Thanks for the swift response. I also use Chrome but would prefer to use Edge if it would only perform satisfactorily; most frustrating

Exhile

I also use Mozilla Firefox for dual monitor use but that browser gives me a "not responding" error from time to time. Chrome hasn't given me any problems or errors. One thing I like about Edge is the inking capability on web pages.

OP
K

KeithP

Thanks, I'll continue to persevere with Edge until I lose my rag altogether by then maybe MS will have a solution :mad:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Your future is bright.

I am on Windows 10 Insider's Build 15031, and I can say that Edge is amazingly fast. Edge has improved since builds 14***. It seems some optimization has taken place at how it establishes Extensions. In previous builds, even without using any Extensions, Edge seemed to be polling for them.

However, Malwarebytes and Edge, and Malwarebytes and Office 365 still have not learned to play well together. I have disabled a few of the real-time protections offered by Malwarebytes, and am running smoothly. You might try the same, if this sounds familiar.

tcooyyzmy

I have a Lenovo G710 but I think enabling the Conservation Mode in different laptop models wouldn't make much of a difference. This procedure works for me and I believe it will work for you too:

1. Click on the up arrow icon near the battery indicator located at the bottom right corner of your computer display.

2. Once you click on the up arrow it will show some hidden icons not normally displayed on your taskbar. Move your mouse around those icons until the “Energy Manager” text is displayed.

3. Click on that icon and the Energy Manager screen will show up. Then click on the small circular dialogue box located on the right hand side just above the big clock-like indicator.

4. On the top right corner click on “Settings”. On the right hand side of the Conservation Mode is a switch like gauge.

5. Move the switch from left to right with your mouse until you see an orange colored “I” appears. This shows that you have already switched on the Conservation Mode. To confirm, you will see the Conservation Mode displayed near the electrical plug icon.

6. Exit by cllicking "X" located on the top right hand corner of the dialogue box. And you're done!