What's new

Energizer XPal external battery no go for SP

palmor

I have one of the external Energizer Xpal batteries and contacted them about the time table on them creating a tip to charge the SP. Unfortunately they replied that they won't be producing a tip :(

It is a great battery that I've used for over a year to charge everything. Hopefully MS comes up with some type of external battery solution.

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately due the patents that Microsoft has on the Surface Pro, we will be unable to provide a tip solution for it. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you and best regards,
Mycah

ArnoldC

If i was in your predicament, i'd buy the cheapest knock off power adapter from China for aroud $11 and then I'll order the Xpal tip from Farnell or RS Components and make my own cable.

Wayne Orwig

If i was in your predicament, i'd buy the cheapest knock off power adapter from China for aroud $11 and then I'll order the Xpal tip from Farnell or RS Components and make my own cable.

This is my plan. I bought a cheap 12V vehicle adapter from China. I bit of tweaking of the cable and it will also be used on my Anker 40 watt battery pack.

furicks

Hi Wayne,

I've found myself in the same situation and I'm wondering how it went. Were you able to get this up and running? Which tip did you use to connect into the battery?