What's new

External Keyboard and mouse on SP

Vanz

So I can plug in my wireless mouse dongle and it works great with my surface pro, now can I get an external keyboard and mouse to work with it?

If I unplug my usb mouse and plug in my usb keyboard dongle the keyboard now works great and of course the mouse doesn't... so I though hey that would be great if I had a usb splitter, then I could use both my external keyboard and mouse... so just got my splitter and nope does not work any other ideas on how I can get any larger keyboard and external mouse both working?

Have not tried bluetooth, not sure what I would need to get that working onj the SP and if it will work with wireless at the same time? Help...

Thanks,

Vanz

hotphil

What do you mean by "splitter"?
I've not got a Pro, but I'd have thought any connected USB hub would allow both devices to be connected. There was a link to one custom designed to fit the SP on here somewhere I think.
Bluetooth is the way to go though.

drolem

Three main options:
a) use a USB hub
b) use a wireless keyboard/mouse combo with a single dongle
c) use Bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse

CrippsCorner

I use the Type Cover and bluetooth mouse... works fine. I might get a bluetooth keyboard at some point and I really don't see a reason why this would be an issue?