What's new

Faulty Surface Magnet - This Is Becoming a Nightmare

CrippsCorner

This is kinda horrible to hear about, seeing as though I disconnect mine a lot! Hope you get it sorted (I'm also from the UK...)

Omni

I was hoping that this was a problem with early batches only, but having just acquired a Surface Pro last week, I found the same problem when I removed my Touch Cover for the first time: the strip covering the magnets at the bottom of the Surface Pro became detached and buckled. It's rather disappointing that this problem still exists. I guess it's my chance to find out how good MSFT support is.
What part of the world are you from?

donaldvc

From the UK - I spoke to MSFT support this morning and they are sending out a replacement. So far, support has been helpful and quick to respond. Apparently, the magnet problem still exists but it is extremely rare. I guess I'll feel much more reassured if the replacement manages to last for longer than a week.

Omni

Hopefully it stays rare then! I must disconnect and reconnect my keyboard 20+ times a day somedays.

Tony P

You guys where lucky - same thing happened to my surface pro 4 type cover, MS support claim I damaged it and wont replace under warranty.

I even included links and photos of other reports online - but they won't budge.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys where lucky - same thing happened to my surface pro 4 type cover, MS support claim I damaged it and wont replace under warranty.

I even included links and photos of other reports online - but they won't budge.
My SP3 type cover had a similar issue, and while in warranty, I contacted MS live support who sent me a pre-paid shipping slip and replaced within 2 days no questions asked.

Search tags for this page
faulty surface

faulty-surface-magnet-becominâ­g-nightmare

microsoft surface forum
microsoft surface forums
microsoft surface magnet

microsoft surface magnet issue

microsoft surface magnet problem

microsoft surface magnets

surface magnet problem

what is surface magnet

Members online