What's new

Finally a Solid Windows 10 Build for Surface 3

Ever since putting Windows 10 preview on my Surface 3, I've had a few issues. The biggest one was that any time I used the Edge browser for very long, the video driver would crash and I'd have to reboot. I've been on today's 10162 build for many hours now, with no crashing. Also, everything seems very snappy. Not running into any problems at all so farl

malberttoo

Ever since putting Windows 10 preview on my Surface 3, I've had a few issues. The biggest one was that any time I used the Edge browser for very long, the video driver would crash and I'd have to reboot. I've been on today's 10162 build for many hours now, with no crashing. Also, everything seems very snappy. Not running into any problems at all so farl

Nice!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
i'd love to try and upgrade but I just installed 10159 and cannot in any form access settings to get to update :/

cmergel

After trying all day to get the 10162 update it just appeared (was on 10159). Geez.... Was in the process of converting ESD to ISO on my Surface Pro 3.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't you just open Cortana and type in Update? That's how I usually do it.

Nope. Any attaempt to access anything settings related just brings up the store whic then sais cannot find page; be it clicking settings, right clicking desktop and clicking personalize, typing the item in start. Nadda.

hkhoanguyen

So, until the day the Windows 10 is released, we just have to use Windows Update to upgrade to Windows 10 ?

leeshor

A few of the posts in this thread concern me. Many of you can't wait to get the latest build, I have no problem with that. But I don't want to see a bunch of posts on the 29th or 3oth about how things aren't working as you expected because of how you installed Windows 10. If you are using the Insider site to get the updates, and that was the first and only way you have done it, you don't have a worry in the world when it comes time for the "final" roll-out. But if you haven't read this thread you may want to refresh your memory. http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/windows-10-upgrade-warning-concern.15739/

Of course you can always wait until the last minute. ;)

A few of the posts in this thread concern me. Many of you can't wait to get the latest build, I have no problem with that. But I don't want to see a bunch of posts on the 29th or 3oth about how things aren't working as you expected because of how you installed Windows 10. If you are using the Insider site to get the updates, and that was the first and only way you have done it, you don't have a worry in the world when it comes time for the "final" roll-out. But if you haven't read this thread you may want to refresh your memory. http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/windows-10-upgrade-warning-concern.15739/

Of course you can always wait until the last minute. ;)

Not the case with me. I joined the Windows Insider program and am getting the updates legitimately through their "Fast" track updates.

Telstar1948

I just saw somewhere that Windows 10 will be released in waves (one targeted locale after another) rather than en mass. If that's correct then I suppose we'll be notified when it's available for each of us.

mtalinm

I really appreciate posts like this. I upgraded a few weeks ago but reverted immediately. this helps me to think it might be time to try again