What's new

Firmware Nov 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtmead09

Can't believe I can't find any info, I got a surface firmware tonight dated November 18. Not sure what changed.....

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pasted below so you don't have to go there :)
Mostly Touchscreen stability improvements and refreshed the battery driver.

The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 11/18/2015” within the Windows Update History.
  • Surface UEFI update (v103.873.768.0) improves system stability.

• Surface Management Engine update (v1.0.0.1183) provides touch optimizations.

• Precise Touch Device driver update (v1.1.0.217) provides touch optimizations.

• Management Engine Interface driver update (v11.0.0.1172) provides touch optimizations.

• Surface Touch Servicing ML driver update (v1.0.36.1) provides touch optimizations.

• Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver update (v1.2.0.2) ensures correct Surface driver is installed.

Seneleron

Still no display driver crash fix. Crashes same as before.

Just out of curiosity, anyone have any idea if MS modifies the intel drivers in-house or if they outsource/order the spec from intel?
Given the issues thus far I'd suspect the latter, but it never hurts to ask...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Just out of curiosity, anyone have any idea if MS modifies the intel drivers in-house or if they outsource/order the spec from intel?
Given the issues thus far I'd suspect the latter, but it never hurts to ask...
All OEMs modify their drivers for their device specific parameters, unless the OEM is using one of Intel Reference Designs.

With that said, Intel works directly with the Surface Software and Hardware Engineers on their drivers.

Mods, do people from Microsoft read in here? After todays update, I still have the rather annoying bug that Airplane mode is highlighted, when it is in fact off. Pressing it turns on airplay mode, and it remains highlighted. Pressing it again finally deselects airplane mode and it displays correctly, until next time windows hibernates. It's a superficial bug, but annoying non the less. If not here, where is the best place to raise awareness to Microsoft for this bug.

Mods, do people from Microsoft read in here? After todays update, I still have the rather annoying bug that Airplane mode is highlighted, when it is in fact off. Pressing it turns on airplay mode, and it remains highlighted. Pressing it again finally deselects airplane mode and it displays correctly, until next time windows hibernates. It's a superficial bug, but annoying non the less. If not here, where is the best place to raise awareness to Microsoft for this bug.

I highly doubt it. Try answers.microsoft.com, although I don't know if they are real microsoft people either. You could also use the feedback app within Windows 10.

Omni

Use the Windows Feedback app for things like that. Most likely way Microsoft will get the message. Search for it first though as its likely someone else has already reported it.

Status
Not open for further replies.