What's new

First time docking, problems with Bluetooth mouse!

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Oh well just unlucky this time I hope!

Although... so far, I have been unable to send it back :mad:

Set up the return and for some reason I was unable to print my return label (it was greyed out) so I contacted Support yesterday and they cancelled my return and started it again and said to wait a few hours. So, nearly 24 hours and guess what, the same thing again, totally greyed out.

Now I am contacting Support again. Yesterday it took me 3 hours on hold, so far I've been on hold for 45 minutes and am No.4 in the queue. Fun.

Such a ridiculous thing to fail on! Just give me a damn label ffs.

convergent

Lots of problems with this machine! :confused:

As well as the above, there's a Wi-Fi problem... it takes ages to connect and when it does it won't always give me 'full access' and even when it is properly connected the download speeds are about 25% of what I get from my other devices! Even compared to my original Surface Pro sitting right next to it.

I also have the light bleed problem many others have mentioned (on Reddit & Windows Central)

So yeah, this one's going back. Hopefully No.2 will be better!

Did you swap it out?

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

It's going through the process.

Took me 4 days to get my return label! Multiple contacts with 5+ Microsoft support representatives over email, online chat and phone... terrible customer service. Sent off via UPS on Saturday and they still haven't received it; I know it's not long but I wouldn't put it past them to lose it!

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Received an email from customer support. It seems they've received it at least (although online tracking says they haven't) but they regret to inform me there's going to be a delay in sending me out a replacement!

Lucky I've held on to my original Pro for the time being or I'd be screwing by now.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Well finally got my new unit yesterday! Even though I found Microsoft Support pretty dire, at least UPS were spot on. From Germany to my front door in under 24 hours.

Anyway from my short test yesterday it seems a little better. Still has a slight delay in initial movement, but no lagging whilst moving around the screen, thank God (so far)

I have noticed Chrome being very slow to scroll though (mainly using the touchscreen) but hopefully that's just a software issue, I'll test out Edge tonight.

convergent

Well finally got my new unit yesterday! Even though I found Microsoft Support pretty dire, at least UPS were spot on. From Germany to my front door in under 24 hours.

Anyway from my short test yesterday it seems a little better. Still has a slight delay in initial movement, but no lagging whilst moving around the screen, thank God (so far)

I have noticed Chrome being very slow to scroll though (mainly using the touchscreen) but hopefully that's just a software issue, I'll test out Edge tonight.

I am primarily using Firefox and it generally performs very well, but I have had a couple of cases where it started scrolling slowly. I have played with some of the settings and it hasn't done it in a while. Ad blocking and auto video play blocking kinds of things.

Exhile

I am primarily using Firefox and it generally performs very well, but I have had a couple of cases where it started scrolling slowly. I have played with some of the settings and it hasn't done it in a while. Ad blocking and auto video play blocking kinds of things.
How do you find the pinch & zoom on Firefox? To me, it's not as smooth as Chrome or Edge however I do like using the history window in Firefox.

convergent

How do you find the pinch & zoom on Firefox? To me, it's not as smooth as Chrome or Edge however I do like using the history window in Firefox.

I don't do pinch/zoom a ton, but it seems to work fine.

If I'm just casual browsing, and in tablet mode, I will sometimes use Edge.

The reason I'm using Firefox is primarily for work. I am using my nSP as a replacement for my company issued Dell laptop. I can't join the company domain, so I'm coming in via VPN. That means that I'm constantly getting prompted to log in again when things expire. There is a prompt I get often that is not a browser log in, but another dialog that pops up. I was able to setup in 1Password a hotkey that will fill that prompt that only seemed to work with Firefox. So most of my use of Firefox is either docked, or with the type cover. Thus, not a lot of need to zoom.

Cuchulainn

I have been enjoying Opera on the Surface Pro. The battery saver feature seems to provide decent battery life when unplugged. Speed seems good. It also has it's own ad-blocking, which seems to be adequate and work well with it. I haven't experienced any touch-screen scrolling issues to date.