What's new

Solved Giving SurfacePro3 as a gift and need help!

bonk!

Hello,

I am giving a Surface Pro 3 128GB i5 as a gift to someone. To make it a customized experience for the recipient, I am buying and pre-installing some software on the unit, and loading some photos, music and other content. However, I am new to Surface Pro and to Windows 8.x, and am having a few troubles. Primarily, I cannot seem to be able to make Tiles for the Windows 8 Start screen for all of the items that I am wanting to. For example, would like to have a Tile showing the album cover artwork of a music group that when you click it, it launches Windows Media Player and the band's tune starts playing. Can this be done? When I go to the tune in Windows Media Player and right-click (or click & hold), there is no option in the context menu for "Pin to Start" for the song. Is there a workaround for this?

Please advise & thanks in advance for any help.

bonk!

daniielrp

Yeh there is a workaround - you need to use the Windows 8 Music Player, NOT Windows Media Player. Right Click on an album using this and you'll get the option to Pin to Start.

OP
B

bonk!

Thanks daniielrp. You're right, it was that simple! Wish the tune would play on the Start Screen and not flip to the music player screen, but oh well, that's minor. Thanks again for the quick reply with the solution. -bonk!