What's new

Hard-Case for Clipboard

BadPenguin

Hey Community!

I have a new Surface Book with Performance Base and I'm looking for a decent hardcase (something like that: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...se.rubbrized.Gray1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1408465012) for the clipboard part for the Surface Book. The one from UAG is really ugly in my taste and the one from iPearl (mCover) doesn't really fit (this one would be nice). Any other recommendations?

How do you protect the backside of the clipboard part from scratches when you are using it on tables?

MickeyLittle

This one from Amazon is thin and lightweight although it probably wouldn't help in a bad drop it is great for scratches. Plus if you wanted to you could just use the part on the tablet and not the keyboard as this case is in 2 pieces.

Sketch.png

OP
B

BadPenguin

Thank you for your answer. I only look for a scratch protection. Not for a drop protection. :) But I'm looking for a decent one that is similar to the link I've posted. This one isn't really decent.

everalm

I have the plain brown leather version of that cover and it IS very good. Genuine leather as opposed to PU pleather, layered on a hard but flexible shell. The leather has a slightly distressed look and wears well, it secures very tightly to the SB and provides a nice compromise between a soft folio cover and a butt ugly hard shell. The hard inner has saved my SB from a fall onto a sharp edge that left a tiny ding in the base but no mar on the SB and the leather is bound so well that even the little cut hasn't frayed or separated

My only tiny gripe is that the spine cover flap is a little long but then that is the compromise with the hinge

It is leather so you do need to clean and condition it now and again or it will pick up the oil on the fingertips and gradually darken on the edges where your hands naturally rest.

MickeyLittle

I have the plain brown leather version of that cover and it IS very good. Genuine leather as opposed to PU pleather, layered on a hard but flexible shell. The leather has a slightly distressed look and wears well, it secures very tightly to the SB and provides a nice compromise between a soft folio cover and a butt ugly hard shell. The hard inner has saved my SB from a fall onto a sharp edge that left a tiny ding in the base but no mar on the SB and the leather is bound so well that even the little cut hasn't frayed or separated

My only tiny gripe is that the spine cover flap is a little long but then that is the compromise with the hinge

It is leather so you do need to clean and condition it now and again or it will pick up the oil on the fingertips and gradually darken on the edges where your hands naturally rest.

Can you please post a link for this cover so it can be looked at/purchased?

MickeyLittle

This is the one I got.

"Surface Book Case, Icarercase Luxury Series Genuine Leather Detachable Folio Cover for Microsoft Surface Book 13.5 Inch"

The version I got was the exotically named....Brown.... :cool:

The other mock crock ones looked a bit naff.

Amazon.com: Surface Book Case, Icarercase Luxury Series Genuine Leather Detachable Folio Cover for Microsoft Surface Book 13.5 Inch: Computers & Accessories

Dude that's the one I have and I posted it in the 2nd post of this thread. btw... the OP wasn't too impressed :)

everalm

Yep, my response was for the original poster, who hasn't bought one, suggesting was his view that it wasn't decent was not necessary reflected by a real world owner and user. I have owned the case for 10 months now and it has been heavily used and abused for work and personal use and so far has been worth every cent spent on it.

The only there ones I considered were the Waterfield cases

Microsoft Surface Book SleeveCase

MickeyLittle

Yep, my response was for the original poster, who hasn't bought one, suggesting was his view that it wasn't decent was not necessary reflected by a real world owner and user. I have owned the case for 10 months now and it has been heavily used and abused for work and personal use and so far has been worth every cent spent on it.

The only there ones I considered were the Waterfield cases

Microsoft Surface Book SleeveCase

I own the icarercase too and love it.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it is simply scratch protection, then why not just add a stickerboy style skin? A cheap option, and no need to go adding any bulk to the thing just to prevent a couple of scratches.