What's new

Having hard time to Turn ON my RT

thix84

Hi fellow RT users :)

Does any one encounter problems on turning ON your RT? I do encounter this couple of times and it just keeps on.

The problem is when I press the turn ON button as hard or smooth as I can..it doesn't turn ON.. But after a couple of tries it just Turns ON with a slight push of the button.

Do I need to reinstall my RT? This is is not consistent.. But for a week I encounter this twice.

thanks in advance

ArnoldC

From what state? If it's on standby, I don't even use the Power Button, I just press CTRL when the Touch Cover is applied. Without the Touch Cover, I press the Power Button briefly, and lightly.

bosamar

Yup, don't hold the power button down, just press and release. From a cold start it takes a few seconds to boot.

OP
T

thix84

After my RT was shutdown... there are times it is not responding when I push the power button.... regardless if I softly, slight press or hold the button, It doesn't turn ON.. at first I thought my RT is broken.. so what I did i wait for about 5 minute and try to push and release the button then it worked. (relief)

Last Saturday it happened again. :(

It my RT ok? or just need to reinstall?

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
You're not alone with this problem ;) Most of the time the switch on my Surface is working like it should, but occasionally it's a game of pure chance to hit the right amount of time to shut it down (firing up is less a problem, but when it does, it's really annoying.)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Might be a button issue and you can try a refresh but it sounds like a length of press issue. It isn't how hard or smooth but how long.

If Surface is off 3-5 second press to power on.
If Surface is on 1 second press to put in standby.
If Surface is in standby 1 second press to wake it up.
If Surface is on 5-8 second press to power off.

Last edited:
OP
T

thix84

You're not alone with this problem ;) Most of the time the switch on my Surface is working like it should, but occasionally it's a game of pure chance to hit the right amount of time to shut it down (firing up is less a problem, but when it does, it's really annoying.)
It seems like its not the software :( i think no need to reinstall .. it's the hardware...when is the last time you encounter this?

Search tags for this page

cant turn on surface rt

hard time turning on surface
hard to turn on surface rt
microsoft surface hard to turn on

surface rt does not turn on

surface rt hard to turn on

surface rt press power twice to activate
surface rt turn on location
turning on surface pro three for first time

why is my surface hard to turn on

Members online