What's new

Highlighting on surface pro 3

jake

Brought two of the surface pro 3 on Sept for my 2 colleges kids I will give it to them when we head to Boston University to see my daughter on December 24 for Christmas.

Can the surface pro 3 pen highlight a document like a highlight marker ? once you highlight it can it be save or delete?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Microsoft Office supports inking as does the OneNote App. Other Apps that support it is Drawboard PDF (for highlighting and inking on PDFs), the Kindle App supports highlighting.

enthuz

Yes, Microsoft Office supports inking as does the OneNote App. Other Apps that support it is Drawboard PDF (for highlighting and inking on PDFs), the Kindle App supports highlighting.

I didn't know that the Kindle app supports it too. Thanks. I will have to start using that now.

Brought two of the surface pro 3 on Sept for my 2 colleges kids I will give it to them when we head to Boston University to see my daughter on December 24 for Christmas.

Can the surface pro 3 pen highlight a document like a highlight marker ? once you highlight it can it be save or delete?

I've been using a tablet with a pen for the past year and a half for school and I feel like I can't live without it. I personally use OneNote a majority of the time (I use the desktop version rather than the MUI version). If you/they are new to OneNote, I suggest watching the youtube video below. It's a bit long, but covers many useful aspects of using OneNote as a college student. That should take out a lot of the guessing when they start using it. Great gift and I'm sure they will love it!

OP
J

jake

Thank you this will be very helpful to them. Have any more tips and shortcut for college students?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you this will be very helpful to them. Have any more tips and shortcut for college students?
There is an entire thread on using the Surface for college students, use the Search Button and search for College Student and Surface and you get lots of really good information :)