What's new

How do I get updates for firmware in W10?

absresin

Confused about updates for windows 10. If automatic how will I know if I got any and what they were. What about Firmware updates? thanks fo any help

malberttoo

Confused about updates for windows 10. If automatic how will I know if I got any and what they were. What about Firmware updates? thanks fo any help

Firmware updates for the SP3 come down the pipe with Windows Updates. If you're not sure what you've received/installed, you can go to Windows Updates and then click on Advanced Options > View your update history.

SeanP

I wondered this myself. It used to be that you can see what the updates were and THEN update them on your own. I always checked daily for these. I haven't received any updates outside of Defender. I went and looked at update history and there's been no firmware updates installed.

Is there a way to go back to seeing what's AVAILABLE for download and then downloading it yourself? I don't see that option any longer anywhere.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wondered this myself. It used to be that you can see what the updates were and THEN update them on your own. I always checked daily for these. I haven't received any updates outside of Defender. I went and looked at update history and there's been no firmware updates installed.

Is there a way to go back to seeing what's AVAILABLE for download and then downloading it yourself? I don't see that option any longer anywhere.
Unknown but I've switched to... Notify me of updates rather than automatically install... so far only gotten Defender Updates but you can see what it is ... otherwise I think your only option is to look at updates that were installed (update history).