What's new

How do you do a Print Screen with a Type Cover?

guymalloc

Win Logo and volume down is a screenshot, saves in the screenshot folder in the Pictures folder. Printscreen copies to the clipboard, and you need to paste in an app or program to save it. By the way, you can press Fn + WinLogo(on type cover) + spacebar, to do a screenshot from the type cover.

OP
Y

yeewiz

Nice, thanks all. print screen straight to the screenshot folder is pretty cool. saves a paste operation.

jimkraz

If you only want part of screen use the Snipping Tool, easy to use, place the screenshot in whatever folder you choose, and save as .png or .jpg or whatever. I have it pinned to task bar.

CrippsCorner

The only annoying thing with this is that because I'm running two screens, when I screenshot it takes one weird image of both screens together, with a load of white space around it. Haven't figured out a way to get only one at a time... :(

bunchofsage

Woohoo, didn't know that Fn + WinLogo + Space will mimick the 'old' PrntScr behavior. Since I have my SP2 + TypeCover I always used Fn + Space or Alt + Fn + Space
Plus: Those who have OneNote installed can do some sort of Clipping Tool action by pressing Win + Shift + S.