What's new

How Much Faster Than Launch Week?

Rallicat

All I can really say is that the Surface works well for me so far. There are one or two minor areas where updates will make an improvement, and we've already had a couple of update cycles go through, which have included specific updates for the Surface RT. As we go through the next few update cycles in January and February, I'm confident this thing will just keep getting better!

OP
S

Sdanaher

All I can really say is that the Surface works well for me so far. There are one or two minor areas where updates will make an improvement, and we've already had a couple of update cycles go through, which have included specific updates for the Surface RT. As we go through the next few update cycles in January and February, I'm confident this thing will just keep getting better!

Let me reiterate my question: do you find general usage of the surface faster today than it was on launch day? That is to say: have the updates had a significant impact in average usage?

robertsurface

My wifi connection at home is not very good. I was not able to do the initial software upgrades and had to go elsewhere. Afterwards, I connected up again and did some web browsing and the speed impressed me. I know I need to do more labor intenstive things before I can overall give feedback on my wifi speed. At least browsing seems to be very good.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Let me reiterate my question: do you find general usage of the surface faster today than it was on launch day? That is to say: have the updates had a significant impact in average usage?
Simple answer: Yes, but there's still some room for improvement.

There a numbers of app-updates on every working-day and every month a bunch of updates from ms, which are constantly speeding up my everday usage by a small amount. It's not like you're getting one update which introduces a "turbo"-button, but summarized the experience at this moment is more 1.5 than the 1.0-performance at the launch.

Bergman

Yes without a doubt. I would say this is a quantum leap in performance from launch day. Even the browser is much much better. they are real close to where they need to be n this now. Easily as good as my iPad3 for most tasks.