What's new

how to get % instead of suggested for brightness in battery icon?

Ok, so I know it was shown before, then I think after one of the updates it changed. How to get % instead of words like "suggested/brighter/darker" for brightness in battery icon?
I bet it's something simple.
I tried to turn off adaptive brightness. but that didn't change anything, except I think that for where I use my SP4, adaptive brightness is set to like 90-100% brightness. When I turned it off, and set it to 50%, woah... It was dark. lol

Last edited:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
One way to do this is to install the free "Battery Bar". Check out how it can float on the TaskBar. The default is to show time remaining when on battery power, or time remaining to achieve 100% charge when on mains power, at the immediately present workload (more useful than percent). Pro edition for US$4 has more options.

Also respects the dual batteries of the Surface Book.

I usually use it when traveling.

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

leeshor

One way to do this is to install the free "Battery Bar". Check out how it can float on the TaskBar. The default is to show time remaining when on battery power, or time remaining to achieve 100% charge when on mains power, at the immediately present workload (more useful than percent). Pro edition for US$4 has more options.

Also respects the dual batteries of the Surface Book.

I usually use it when traveling.

View attachment 7624

View attachment 7626

View attachment 7627
FYI, Something is wrong with the attachments.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Apple wallpaper on a Microsoft device? ;) nice.

Apple OS X features El Capitan from Yosemite National Park, not El Capitan from Guadalupe National Park, Texas. :)

But here is an apple wallpaper on a Microsoft device.

image.png

Last edited: