What's new

I bought Microsoft Complete today...

megatronium

...even though I have Amex extended warranty. I don't ever want to be without my SP3 (until SP4 comes out and I accidentally drop it then upgrade for a nominal fee)

malberttoo

...even though I have Amex extended warranty. I don't ever want to be without my SP3 (until SP4 comes out and I accidentally drop it then upgrade for a nominal fee)

Congrats! Don't forget that Complete stays with the machine. So if you DO decide to sell it, that will surely help to make yours more attractive!

gtext

I tried that page last night, registered my unit, but I did not see where to click to purchase complete warranty?

Getting mixed opinions about it being available in Australia. Currently I was under the impression that it wasn't available in Australia.
Happy to be proved wrong though as I'd be very interested.

raqball

Ya the buy warranty is missing. It shows on the US page but is missing from the Australian one.

Maybe bookmark the page and keep checking back.

phositadc

I also have an Amex extended warranty but will probably by MS Complete. Normally, I wouldn't buy an extended warranty on a piece of computer equipment. But since I intend to treat this more like a tablet I figure my odds of dropping it are about 10x higher than my typical odds of dropping a laptop. So $149 for the accidental damage protection seems like it may be a good buy.

Also, does anybody know how it works if you drop it and crack the screen? Do you take it to an MS store and they replace it on the spot, like Apple? Or do you have to wait a couple of weeks for a repair?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also have an Amex extended warranty but will probably by MS Complete. Normally, I wouldn't buy an extended warranty on a piece of computer equipment. But since I intend to treat this more like a tablet I figure my odds of dropping it are about 10x higher than my typical odds of dropping a laptop. So $149 for the accidental damage protection seems like it may be a good buy.

Also, does anybody know how it works if you drop it and crack the screen? Do you take it to an MS store and they replace it on the spot, like Apple? Or do you have to wait a couple of weeks for a repair?

You'd imagine it would be a direct swap. Hopefefully it is. Otherwise i'd need to put aside the money to buy a second sp3 to use and then return once the old one is replaced. This is not the kind of device that i can just do without for a few weeks; work is work.

Liam2349

You'd imagine it would be a direct swap. Hopefefully it is. Otherwise i'd need to put aside the money to buy a second sp3 to use and then return once the old one is replaced. This is not the kind of device that i can just do without for a few weeks; work is work.

This is what will probably influence my decision to buy Complete, the time to get a replacement. If my SP3 breaks and I have Complete, I expect them to send me a new one that same day with next day delivery by 12PM. (unless it is past their UPS collection point)

My home insurance covers my SP3 out of the house, but my home insurance won't be next day.

OP
M

megatronium

This is what will probably influence my decision to buy Complete, the time to get a replacement. If my SP3 breaks and I have Complete, I expect them to send me a new one that same day with next day delivery by 12PM. (unless it is past their UPS collection point)

My home insurance covers my SP3 out of the house, but my home insurance won't be next day.

Is there a Microsoft store by you? I would imagine you can just go there and swap.