What's new

I'm leaving surface forever! (For Now)

Misterb0nd

Hey
So, Long story made short. MS screwed my on my surface replacement, and i've decided that the merits of the device don't make it worth not owning a small laptop. So Here's what i've got.

I'll have a SPRO2/128/4g, as soon as they decide to get it sent to me. Presuming it's in good condition when it arrives, i'll be asking 675, with a new dock,hdmi adapter,vga adapter,ethernet adapter,extra pen, extra power supply,car charger,case. Shipping included via UPS ground,with insurance, signature required. I'll bump the thread when it gets here.
Additionally, I've got a Surface pro 3 dock, 2 more ethernet adapters, a surface pro 3 pen, and 1 more Sp1/Sp2 Dock.
I really thought it was going to revolutionize things, but my surface has been away for a month, and i'd like to drum up some money to buy a macbook :(
Shoot me some offers and I'll see what we can work out. I'm in the US, and can probably work with Canada/UK (for additional shipping)

Thanks Everybody!

DutchYee

Really sad to hear this experience. Really bad, my story is really the other way what your have experienced. Besides that the Microsoft Support is not speaking Dutch verry well.

You have to do what you want to do. But with an Apple device you are not able to work every where around. As Apple is not supporting all devices / hardware that is available. You should get a lot walls where you walking into.

Apple = only working with Apple

OP
M

Misterb0nd

Honestly, the only reason I'm going with the macbook air is because its very close to the form factor of the surface, in terms of size. I fully intend to keep using windows/linux as i do now, on that mac with bootcamp. Its hard to argue about how nice their hardware is and i need to get a new machine for now anyway. What was your experience like? What was your exchange time from start to finish? Just curious.

Billy64

"Never Say Never Again" MisterbOnd☺☺. Sorry for your bad experience, I'm fully happy with my SP3, smallest and lightest than a Macbook. The possibility to remove the keyboard and have a touch screen is now mandatory for me after 4 months experience. (I use it 20% of the time as full touch device).

OP
M

Misterb0nd

I'm not saying never never, but I'm very put off at this point. Actually I lusted after the SP3 very badly, even though other than screen the sp2 and sp3 are the same. It honestly looks very cool but will they adress it the same with with support when the Sp4 comes out. From all i've read and experienced, when you dont have the latest model they just dont care. I'm not trying to bash anybodies love for the surface. Please dont mistake this frustration for a dislike of the device. I absolutely loved my surface, and was even willing to look past all the little quirks, and issues because i really liked Touch, and wacom pen, etc. But reliability is a thing for me, and i've basically been forced into this decision. With surface taken off the table, as well as lenovo yoga (because i dont like those) who else other than apple makes a good high performance 10/11 inchish laptop/tablet?