What's new

Incipio "capture" and "feather" cases for Surface

OP
O

oion

I've posted a message on their Facebook page, asking them if a Feather case is in development for the Pro series and, if so, how they've considered my concerns about the device being unable to cool efficiently.

I'll let you all now if I receive a response.

Both the Feather and Capture cases appear to be in the Microsoft online store already for both Pro 1/2, just not on Incipio's official website. Check the posts above yours for actual photos. :p The Feather does have vents.

deldalton

I couldn't find them on the UK store. And, it does have vents but I thought it was only on the top and top sides.

OP
O

oion

I couldn't find them on the UK store. And, it does have vents but I thought it was only on the top and top sides.

Ohh, gotcha. Well, at least they do exist already, but who knows it it'll make it on the MS UK website. :/ And I think you're right about the vents not being all the way around, at least from the photos. That's the main reason why I'm surprised Incipio ended up making those for the Pro (and not the RT line)--a molded snap case makes a lot more sense for a device without heat maintenance issues like the Pro.

deldalton

Ohh, gotcha. Well, at least they do exist already, but who knows it it'll make it on the MS UK website. :/ And I think you're right about the vents not being all the way around, at least from the photos. That's the main reason why I'm surprised Incipio ended up making those for the Pro (and not the RT line)--a molded snap case makes a lot more sense for a device without heat maintenance issues like the Pro.

Yeah, it does seem a little odd. I'll report back if I hear anything.

bulls96

I have the feather case for the surface RT and it works great. It adds weight and bulk but its the lightest case I could find that I like around.

One thing is it is hard to take the case off, so I suggest if you want to get it better be prepared to keep it there for a long time.

I have gone thru lots of cases, leather included, but this lets you use the kickstand and the keyboard, and is the case I will recommend to anyone.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

OP
O

oion

I have the feather case for the surface RT and it works great. It adds weight and bulk but its the lightest case I could find that I like around.

One thing is it is hard to take the case off, so I suggest if you want to get it better be prepared to keep it there for a long time.

I have gone thru lots of cases, leather included, but this lets you use the kickstand and the keyboard, and is the case I will recommend to anyone.

Wow, where'd you get one? And I thought the Surface RT version was never released because Incipio's website when you mouseover the thumbnails only say "coming soon." :( Unfortunately, given the big highlight that Incipio gives Apple products, maybe anything for MS is just shoved off into the corner anyway. Surface 2 owners may be out of luck there.

TheJokker

I received mine last night. It went on quickly and easily and has a nice feel to it. It does show fingerprints but it cleans up fairly easy. I gamed with it for an hour which generates a fair amount of heat and the sleeve did mitigate the heat without showing any heat related performance issues.

The only minus I can report is that it makes it harder to open the touch cover by pulling on the edge of the cover. I can see how the cover could get dog-eared opening it in this manner. I am going to have to get in the habit of using gravity to flip it open.

I like it; I'm calling it a keeper...

deldalton

If there is no ventilation I'll mod the case...

I received mine last night. It went on quickly and easily and has a nice feel to it. It does show fingerprints but it cleans up fairly easy. I gamed with it for an hour which generates a fair amount of heat and the sleeve did mitigate the heat without showing any heat related performance issues.

The only minus I can report is that it makes it harder to open the touch cover by pulling on the edge of the cover. I can see how the cover could get dog-eared opening it in this manner. I am going to have to get in the habit of using gravity to flip it open.

I like it; I'm calling it a keeper...

Do you still think it may be worth modifying the case to provide additional ventilation?

bulls96

Wow, where'd you get one? And I thought the Surface RT version was never released because Incipio's website when you mouseover the thumbnails only say "coming soon." :( Unfortunately, given the big highlight that Incipio gives Apple products, maybe anything for MS is just shoved off into the corner anyway. Surface 2 owners may be out of luck there.

I bought it at our local Best Buy :)

bulls96

Just a thought...

If you are a Surface RT user and thinking about switching to a Pro, this case makes the RT as thick and as heavy as the Pro (I think) :)