What's new

Intel Releases Updated Generic Drivers for Intel HD4000 Graphics, Fixes Bugs

OP
D

demandarin

hi

please cam you advise which of the exe files installs the control panel.

and how important is it to update the audio drivers as well.

thanks

Anyone would install control panel. I'd advise using the latest one. As for the audio driver, that's your choice. You can update it and determine if theres improvement or not.

OP
D

demandarin

just install the latest driver, whether from zip file or .exe. once installed, the graphics control panel will automatically be added..there is no single file or whatever to add just the control panel ..you have to install the generic driver weve posted. once that's installed, it auto installs the control panel also. or more so makes it useable.

Imjinman

just install the latest driver, whether from zip file or .exe. once installed, the graphics control panel will automatically be added..there is no single file or whatever to add just the control panel ..you have to install the generic driver weve posted. once that's installed, it auto installs the control panel also. or more so makes it useable.

Many thanks- I had upgraded via the control panel/driver rather than exe

DDReaper

i am the only one to still have a lot of problems with Windows 8.1 and intel drivers ? i have like 1 or 2 BSOD per day because of that and display port connexion keep switching on/off every now and then :/

OP
D

demandarin

I have no issues. been running fine ever since installed. roll back to stock drivers and see if issue persists to determine if its actually the generic drivers or not.

rege0039

Just to be clear, you say it's best to uninstall the old drivers first, is this the best way to do that ?

1) Open device manager
2) Choose the device
3) Use the option to uninstall the driver
4) reboot
5) Use the method described to pick the intel driver

It's whether I should reboot in the middle or whether I can just uninstall and then go straight to the new drivers that I'm not sure about.

Any help or comments greatly appreciated !

OP
D

demandarin

Everyone has their preference/methods. I just install over the old one and never had any issues. But the safest route in eliminating any possible cause of issues would be to uninstall the old one first.