What's new

Intermittent dead pen

OP
B

BobG

I have such a meter (that puts a load on the battery). The odds of a brand new battery being bad are ridiculously low, and would not likely cause an intermittent issue that takes a 13 day break after acting up a lot four three or four days. I would trust that statement more than I trust my meter.

Kathy N

Mine does the same thing. It works, then doesn't work and I have to use touch for the next couple of actions, then it works again. Every now and then I have to move back and forth between pen and touch. It's not a dead battery or it wouldn't start working again.

OP
B

BobG

I stopped at Best Buy and got them to replace the stylus. They just traded my bare pen for a new one in a box. It seems to feel nicer, and so far no problems with it not working. I'll post back in a week or two with an update.

Bob

Ford Prefect

Just for general knowledge, my pen had similar problems. I dismissed it being a battery issue as it was a new device less than a month old.

I went to the MS store and assured the rep that it could not possibly be the battery. I only let her put in a fresh AAAA battery just to "check that box" in the troubleshooting steps list so we could get on with the replacing of the pen.

Well, screw me the fresh battery worked and that was that.

I have now been using that pen/battery for almost three months and there have been no further errors or problems with it at all.

So even though it is impossible that it could be the battery...it just might be the battery.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.