What's new

Is Power Cover valuable?

NGC

Is it similar to the first generation keyboard or the second generation? Is it thicker than the other keyboards? How much more use do you get when both the Surface and Keyboard are charged?

TunaSurface

Yes it seems so much more easier and faster to use google, why do people bother to ask simple questions here?
It's more similar to the first generation since it's not backlit.

Buelligan

Yes it seems so much more easier and faster to use google, why do people bother to ask simple questions here?

Shame on you, using bad words here on this forum :eek:mg: The proper language here would have been "so much easier and faster to use BING" :wink:

kundas1

Seriously this always bother me when people do this! The amount of time it took to write your question you could have typed in a search! Not difficult

Shame on you, using bad words here on this forum :eek:mg: The proper language here would have been "so much easier and faster to use BING" :wink:

Bing shming! LOL

bluegrass

That's another topic for discussion. Bing or Google. I've been using Google so long, I have a difficult time making myself try Bing. Google is great but maybe Bing is greater.

CrippsCorner

The only thing I ever used Bing for was for images on iOS... Google was broken for a while, and wouldn't allow you to see the full screen images. However now it's fixed I'm back to Google, and it's just so much better imo. Bing is only ever going to be trailing behind.

OP
N

NGC

What is wrong with all of you? I started this post to get a first hand opinion on the keyboards. Yes I can also use a search engine to find opinions. Just answer my question or ignore it and move on. Thank You.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Is it similar to the first generation keyboard or the second generation? Is it thicker than the other keyboards? How much more use do you get when both the Surface and Keyboard are charged?

I find it helpful for the occasions I don't have the ability to plug-in for more than 7 hours. I wouldn't use it everyday as it negates many of the benefits of the Surface, makes it much more of an Ultrabook over a Surface.

It is about the same size and weight as a Surface 2, so think about a Pro and a Surface 2 together. As far a Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 style, it is a Hybrid of the two, the keys are Gen 1 and the Touchpad is Gen 2. The battery does make it feel much more stable and the Touchpad works really well.

mtalinm

Yes much more stable! Just got mine an hour ago. The keyboard seems a little bit better than TC2 but still not as good as TC1, which was lovely. I do welcome the return off the volume keys. Wish there were a moving touchpad, though t his is better than TC2 touchpad which was a joke.