What's new

Is there a way to turn off touch but still use the pen?

curney

I have searched on here and Goog and cant figure it out. Can you turn off touch and just use the pen. My clients need to sign documents and the always end up touching the screen and goofing it up. Should be simple right?

thanks
Curney

OP
C

curney

Thanks Bosmar but are you telling me I cannot turnoff the touch feature? That's crazy right? I know I could do it in windows 7. I looked in the same place in the control panel and its not there....

tonyz3

The touch feature should auto turn off when the pen is near the pro's screen. Which prog are you using to sign the contracts. I sign contracts all day in pdf and have no issues.

Intangir

The touch feature should auto turn off when the pen is near the pro's screen. Which prog are you using to sign the contracts. I sign contracts all day in pdf and have no issues.
Which pdf program are you using? I have PDF touch, but the writing feature is rather lackluster and low res/dpi.

tonyz3

Hum. To take advantage of the palm block tech- You can do a few diff things. 1- the stock pdf prog probably not the best choice but it works in a pinch, 2- you can open your PDF in word 2013 (right click- open with)- you will have more pen options, 3- you can print your PDF to windows Journal-already loaded on your PRO-(which will load your PDF into windows journal ) you will just need to enable the print to option and go crazy with all the pen options. 4- same option with One Note 2013.

Last edited:

Intangir

oh nice, didn't know word could open pdf files or draw on files. Just tried it and it works well, although it sometimes draws my hands movement along with my pen. Still better than pdf touch though. D

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
For us long time Tablet PC users, PDF Annotator was the go to PDF inking solution if you were going to share or retain your PDFs. I typically use printing to OneNote 2013 now....

tonyz3

oh nice, didn't know word could open pdf files or draw on files. Just tried it and it works well, although it sometimes draws my hands movement along with my pen. Still better than pdf touch though. D
All of the office 2013 progs have pen input. You can even write in the body of an email with the pen. just hover the pen on the screen and you will see the pen options come up in the office 2013 products. pretty cool. I still think the inking - once set in the settings- Cust pens-pressure sense etc. - palm reject - is best in Win Journal- JMO though,