What's new

Its Here!!!

Deryl McCarty

Jeff - when you go to the inaugural shindig tonight, take your pro 2 and take a pic or two and post them when you get home.

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have a Surface Blog Post over on the official Surface Blog on Friday I believe.

Deryl McCarty

Ok, I read that blog with some regularity so I will catch your offering on Friday. BTW, my SP2 256/8 is Louisville 0332, Seattle 0455, Pacific (WA - 12 miles away) 0707 with a status of "Out for delivery"...but it has been a long month. But it probably means I have to change "My Device" in this forum from Pro to Pro 2 (when it arrives) - hint hint.

Last edited:

fonzman78

Ok, I just picked my SPro2 (256/8) and I am really excited. No hassles. Was waiting for me at the MS store. I did get an email this morning advising me that it was available for pick. I have it all set up. But, surprise of all surprises, they had a docking station available as well. Nice. I took the last one and now I am set.

Set up was as simple as before. I have the new Type 2 keyboard. And, with some pushing, I did get them to trade back my Touch keyboard for the new Touch2 keyboard for about $30. I guess when you spend a lot they are more accommodating.

The 'stealth' mode was good for me. Other than the color of the new Type 2 keyboard, no one is the wiser. A new keyboard is easier to explain.

So far, the SPro2 is fast. I've got to install all my programs and then see what performance is with Skyrim and battery life.

oion

Ok, I just picked my SPro2 (256/8) and I am really excited. No hassles. Was waiting for me at the MS store. I did get an email this morning advising me that it was available for pick. I have it all set up. But, surprise of all surprises, they had a docking station available as well. Nice. I took the last one and now I am set.

Set up was as simple as before. I have the new Type 2 keyboard. And, with some pushing, I did get them to trade back my Touch keyboard for the new Touch2 keyboard for about $30. I guess when you spend a lot they are more accommodating.

The 'stealth' mode was good for me. Other than the color of the new Type 2 keyboard, no one is the wiser. A new keyboard is easier to explain.

So far, the SPro2 is fast. I've got to install all my programs and then see what performance is with Skyrim and battery life.

I thought the docking station wasn't available for retail purchase until "early 2014" (according to various sources). Got photos of your setup?

Well, it says "Coming 2014" on the MS store, but the button is colored differently, blue like the items available now, and when you click it it says "Out of Stock", not "Coming Soon"...

fonzman78

I thought the docking station wasn't available for retail purchase until "early 2014" (according to various sources). Got photos of your setup?

Yep, that's what is thought also. But I was one of the first in the store and they said that they had received 3 docks. They weren't expecting any at all till 2014 so they were surprised as I was. I knew it wouldn't last long so I snatched it up. Way cool!!!

Here is the box:

NewDockbox.jpg

Here it is out of dock:

ProoutofDock.jpg

and here it is in dock:

ProinDock.jpg

oion

Yep, that's what is thought also. But I was one of the first in the store and they said that they had received 3 docks. They weren't expecting any at all till 2014 so they were surprised as I was. I knew it wouldn't last long so I snatched it up. Way cool!!!

All I have to say is--holy crap. Maybe something happened along the logistics line and it was actually an error (something like the Argos early Surface release), but who cares, right? Congratulations on the snag!

demandarin

Here is the box:

View attachment 1156

Here it is out of dock:

View attachment 1157

and here it is in dock:

View attachment 1158

Nice setup..dock looks good..

Can you post up that screensaver, its really cool?