What's new

Keyboard/Touch cover issues

Newbie Al

I have loved my Surface - great portability, small and compact, packs a lot in it. However that love has turn to absolute frustration. Persistent keyboard issues with no help from Microsoft on fixing the issue ( except to keep rolling out the same useless advice of resetting the Surface - just lip service because they too lazy to provide to provide a permanent fix!). Clearly once your device they no longer care. Save your money folk - look elsewhere because the Surface will have you pulling your hair out. Pity because when it works its great but with these I going issue its rubbish. What a disappointment!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have loved my Surface - great portability, small and compact, packs a lot in it. However that love has turn to absolute frustration. Persistent keyboard issues with no help from Microsoft on fixing the issue ( except to keep rolling out the same useless advice of resetting the Surface - just lip service because they too lazy to provide to provide a permanent fix!). Clearly once your device they no longer care. Save your money folk - look elsewhere because the Surface will have you pulling your hair out. Pity because when it works its great but with these I going issue its rubbish. What a disappointment!
Which Surface Pro do you own?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Surface Pro I
Try this, power it all the way down. Now press the Volume Rocker Up and press the power button while holding the Volume Rocker, when you see the Surface Logo let go of the Volume Rocker, now you are in the UEFI Screen, make no changes and exit and reboot.

If that doesn't fix the keyboard it is possible it is a hardware issue either with the cover or the connector.

OP
N

Newbie Al

yeah no change although one more key is now no longer working (before it was just: shift, Del, 7, 8 and 90. nOW 'K' NO LONGER REPOSNDS