What's new

limitation limitation !!!!!! BRING BACK THISE GLORY DAYS.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
"Hundreds, if not thousands" of dock manufacturers?

Are you high?
There aren't even ONE thousand manufacturers of accessories for iPads, and that device has outsold the Surface Pro by four hundred twenty-five to one.
The Surface Pro is a fantastic device, but I think you wildly overestimate the impact it has had so far in the market, and thus isn't very profitable to make accessories for.
"Hundreds, if not thousands" of dock manufacturers"
Misquoted
why is there just ONE docking station in the whole world with hundreds if not thousands of manufacturers.
Implying: of hundreds or thousands of manufacturers why isn't there even one making an alternative doc.

The rest of the point stands.

OP
D

debendra

The one simple question I ask to u guys, WHAT IS THE DATA TRANSFER SPEED OF THE DOCK? and What tech it is based on? If its less than the speed of usb3.0, There is nothing to talk about? If it has greater speed, I will look for docks somewhere else maybe CHINA?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The one simple question I ask to u guys, WHAT IS THE DATA TRANSFER SPEED OF THE DOCK? and What tech it is based on? If its less than the speed of usb3.0, There is nothing to talk about? If it has greater speed, I will look for docks somewhere else maybe CHINA?
As I said before, the Dock consists of USB 3.0 Pass-through, Display Port Pass-through and Power Pass-through, that is all Microsoft has said. One interesting observation is the Power Connecter has about a third of the PINs that the Dock Connector has, so what the other PINs are used for is anyone's guess...

OP
D

debendra

As I said before, the Dock consists of USB 3.0 Pass-through, Display Port Pass-through and Power Pass-through, that is all Microsoft has said. One interesting observation is the Power Connecter has about a third of the PINs that the Dock Connector has, so what the other PINs are used for is anyone's guess...

Finally dude, someone sees where it all began? That's what I was curious about, the docks speed and tech....

Philtastic

Dude, if you had ever even read anything about the SP dock, you'd note that almost everyone mentions that it simply plugs into the SP's USB port and display port and power connector, the obvious implications being that they're just pass-throughs. The dock doesn't use the keyboard port. In fact, you can keep your keyboard attached while using the dock. I suppose that it's possible that, instead of just being a pass through, they somehow make it shittier but they obviously can't exceed the original speeds of the USB and display port that the dock is connected to.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Finally dude, someone sees where it all began? That's what I was curious about, the docks speed and tech....
We know the speed of the dock...the USB 3.0 runs at 625MB/s and the Display Port does 21.6 Gbit/s, that was never a doubt...