What's new

Local Best Buy no longer carries I7

Kris

Went in to return or exchange my SP3 today and was going to get the I7, to speed up the process since they were out of stock on the I5 I wanted. The clerk showed me that all I7 models have been deleted from their system...

ctitanic

Went in to return or exchange my SP3 today and was going to get the I7, to speed up the process since they were out of stock on the I5 I wanted. The clerk showed me that all I7 models have been deleted from their system...
Well, I won't take Best Buy employees as reliable source of information. That said, I have not heard or read any source saying that MS is retiring the i7.

OP
K

Kris

Not saying that MS is retiring it, he showed me the monitor, saying that the store will no longer carry it in store. He did look it up on their website and it is still available for order there...

ctitanic

Not saying that MS is retiring it, he showed me the monitor, saying that the store will no longer carry it in store. He did look it up on their website and it is still available for order there...
May be each store manager can decode what product to sell. Who knows.

unruledboy

could be a store sale strategy

could be a real deal from MS due to stock

could be a real problem for i7

the bottom line, just enjoy the machine

OP
K

Kris

could be a store sale strategy

could be a real deal from MS due to stock

could be a real problem for i7

the bottom line, just enjoy the machine
No idea what it means. showed that his store will no longer carry it and his warehouse had 0 stock... I3 they had tons...

tuchas

Most Best Buy stores don't have inventory of i7 models. They seem to be strictly items you can order for in-store pickup or delivery. A recent check in the Chicago area reveals plenty of stock in store in the i5 models, but i7s were 5+ days. That should not be a true indicator of demand, though - Best Buy has been keeping a closer eye on its overall inventory - computers, tablets, cameras, appliances, etc.

Sonnyboy

Most Best Buy stores don't have inventory of i7 models. They seem to be strictly items you can order for in-store pickup or delivery. A recent check in the Chicago area reveals plenty of stock in store in the i5 models, but i7s were 5+ days. That should not be a true indicator of demand, though - Best Buy has been keeping a closer eye on its overall inventory - computers, tablets, cameras, appliances, etc.

This is what I noticed in my local Best Buy, at least with respect to SP3s. They haven't had any i7 models in store. Only i5s and i3s.

DeltaXray

At least they carry some models. In the UK, PC world which is somewhat like Best Buy in the US (one of the largest computer retailers here) doesn't stock ANY SP3s in store. It is strictly online purchase only.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Inventory management at retail stores is the life blood of operations. You might also note that they don't have many models of other computers in stock either. Then again Best Buy is struggling for survival... anyone remember Circuit City? CompUSA?

Kif

I don't think this is a surprise. The i3/i5 models are going to be the main stream models. The i7 is available from the online store. I don't think Best Buy keeps each iPad model in stock at the B&M stores.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This BestBuy we're talking about, their target audience is far below the enthusiast and very much the generalist and laggard....so the stock only best selling versions....which I would suspect to be the

• i3 4/64
  • i5 4/128
  • i5 4/256