What's new

Making Desktop your default...

mitchellvii

Just in case you wanted to make your SP open to Desktop by default, that can be done in Control Panel > Taskbar and Navigation > Navigation Settings.

tonyz3

Just in case you wanted to make your SP open to Desktop by default, that can be done in Control Panel > Taskbar and Navigation > Navigation Settings.
Or you can long press on the task bar, properties, navigation....but who wants to boot to the DT anyway...:)

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Or you can long press on the task bar, properties, navigation....but who wants to boot to the DT anyway...:)

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8
This will please you to no end Tony, but since my SP is now in full-on tablet mode as opposed to desktop-replacement mode, I actually PREFER to boot to the Modern UI Start Page, especially now they have "mostly" fixed Modern IE :)

kristalsoldier

This will please you to no end Tony, but since my SP is now in full-on tablet mode as opposed to desktop-replacement mode, I actually PREFER to boot to the Modern UI Start Page, especially now they have "mostly" fixed Modern IE :)
Why only Tony....I am also pleasantly surprised! Good for you Mitch! You've finally seen the light!

tonyz3

I really like this update. Currently have twitter snapped to the left and tweetro snapped to the rt with ie in the middle, i love hoe the desktop handles snapping now. It no longer snap with the open app previews all in a row. Snaps just like a normal metro app now. This preview does not seem like a preview to me. And a big thx to Arnold for the 50 pm's helping me set up the VHD. I will report back on my experience with the multi monitor stuff. I was too busy this weekend in the pool to bother.

ArnoldC

You're welcome Tony.

I agree with the observations about 8.1 and while it gave me a scare, it was better than the 8.0 Consumer Preview of the past.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Folks, don't get too excited I am using Modern UI more. With a touch interface like the SP 8.1 has improved things, but for a desktop mouse user it is still rough. I'm still running Windows 7 on my desktop.

Search tags for this page
desktop default on surface
how to make desktop the default on surface

make desktop default on surface

set surface to desktop mode

surface default desktop

surface default to desktop

surface desktop default

surface make desktop default

surface pro 3 default sceen to desktop view

surface rt default to desktop

Members online