What's new

Microsoft Band 2: Most Wanted

CrippsCorner

With lots of people saying they're waiting for the next version of the Band, I've started thinking about what improvements or changes they could implement. Of course, some of these could simply be updates for the current hardware, but anyway, here's what I'd like to see...
  • Gorilla Glass screen (mine's scratched to hell after just a couple of weeks)
  • Management of emails/texts, i.e. being able to delete them from your Band, and phone if required
  • Battery percentage shown on indicator
  • Multiple alarms, and being able to save them
  • Reminder notifications from phone
  • Full emails/texts shown
  • Smaller version available (smallest Band on smallest setting still too big for my girlfriend)
  • Wi-Fi so you can receive notifications when your phone is out of Bluetooth range
  • Wider screen and vertical orientation for some apps (such as just showing the time)
  • Native Microsoft apps integration such as OneNote & Skype
Anything to add or comments on my suggestions? :)

VickiFL

With lots of people saying they're waiting for the next version of the Band, I've started thinking about what improvements or changes they could implement. Of course, some of these could simply be updates for the current hardware, but anyway, here's what I'd like to see...
  • Gorilla Glass screen (mine's scratched to hell after just a couple of weeks)
  • Management of emails/texts, i.e. being able to delete them from your Band, and phone if required
  • Battery percentage shown on indicator
  • Multiple alarms, and being able to save them
  • Reminder notifications from phone
  • Full emails/texts shown
  • Smaller version available (smallest Band on smallest setting still too big for my girlfriend)
  • Wi-Fi so you can receive notifications when your phone is out of Bluetooth range
  • Wider screen and vertical orientation for some apps (such as just showing the time)
  • Native Microsoft apps integration such as OneNote & Skype
Anything to add or comments on my suggestions? :)

I wish we could see the battery percentage on the indicator. I got a Band app called "Band Companion," and it does show the percentage, but it isn't easy to read, so I got rid of it. I do have a Band app called, "Band Monitor." That will show the exact battery percentage, but not on the Band itself.

fuzzy2651

A way to clear tiles would be nice. Something, anything, to make it more scratch resistant or find a supplier who makes a decent screen protector. I've gone through 5 and the MS store has put them all on and within 2 weeks they're peeling at the corners. After another week or two I'm embarrassed to even show it off when someone asks what it is. I finally gave up and pulled it off a week ago and it looks like my Band went to Iraq with me. More customization options within the Health app. I know there are some great 3rd part apps (Pimp My Band FTW!), but having that as part of the native app would be awesome.

Henn Sarv

More sport activities - Run / Bike is to few.
Good example is Endomondo

Dashboard view shows only based on distance. Activity summaru graphics based on time would be great.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

I would like to be able to recall a peak heart rate between a certain time; I have a workout schedule that's custom to me, and it's a shame there's no way to record it.