What's new

Microsoft Surface Price?

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
103
Points
28
I'm still trying to catch up on all the Surface news today.. Did they announce what the retail price is going to be?
 
Yeah me either.. I think they need to price it around $400-$500 to be competitive with the higher end Android Tablets and Apple iPad.
 
Rumor has it at $900. to $1100. Pricey... I read that MS will charge as much as $95. for each OEM license and will not compete in the lower end of the market. This can be a show stopper for MS.
 
Rumor has it at $900. to $1100. Pricey... I read that MS will charge as much as $95. for each OEM license and will not compete in the lower end of the market. This can be a show stopper for MS.



Yikes, pricey indeed.. Is that on the RT version or Pro?
 
Rumor has it at $900. to $1100. Pricey... I read that MS will charge as much as $95. for each OEM license and will not compete in the lower end of the market. This can be a show stopper for MS.
This is not a bad thing. Even though Microsoft is a giant and could eat some costs by releasing lower end devices you can bet other vendors will be there to fill the gap.
 
Wow, I think $1000 would be a deal breaker for many folks.
 
No doubt. At $1k, it'll never sell in any volume. Haven't they watched the sales of things like the Fire, and even the iPad?
 
If Microsoft wants to play in the tablet market they have to hit the same price points as everyone else. Remember they are late to the game so being expensive would not be wise.
 
Back
Top