What's new

Multiple Issues With Surface Hubs Dormant For Months During Pandemic Showing Not Compliant In Intune

netuser

First issue: There are errors in Intune stating “Enrolled user exists.” That’s a bad non descriptive error. “Exists”
So what?
Can’t find any actual fix for this.

We have every version of Surface Hub from the original release to the 2S.
Second issue: They are running the 2017 version of Windows 10 Teams and they are configured to connect to WSUS for updates. They are not updating to Windows 10 Teams 2020.
I was going to convert them from WSUS to Windows Update for Business, but Intune has to work properly before that can happen.

Third issue: We are considering just doing a factory reset of all the systems and starting over reconfiguring all Surface Hubs. They are currently all joined to local AD. Are we better off joining them to Azure AD after the reset? I can’t remember what the benefit of joining local AD was besides being able to use security groups from our local domain for the admin accounts. Does Windows 10 Teams 2020 join local AD in the same manner?

What’s the best process to get from this state to getting them all up and running again and updated to Windows 10 Teams 2020? Is there a way to set everything in Intune, sign in and have them auto configure with our existing Intune polices and get upgraded to Windows 10 Teams 2020 all in one step sort of like Autopilot for Windows 10?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
First issue: There are errors in Intune stating “Enrolled user exists.” That’s a bad non descriptive error. “Exists”
So what?
Can’t find any actual fix for this.

We have every version of Surface Hub from the original release to the 2S.
Second issue: They are running the 2017 version of Windows 10 Teams and they are configured to connect to WSUS for updates. They are not updating to Windows 10 Teams 2020.
I was going to convert them from WSUS to Windows Update for Business, but Intune has to work properly before that can happen.

Third issue: We are considering just doing a factory reset of all the systems and starting over reconfiguring all Surface Hubs. They are currently all joined to local AD. Are we better off joining them to Azure AD after the reset? I can’t remember what the benefit of joining local AD was besides being able to use security groups from our local domain for the admin accounts. Does Windows 10 Teams 2020 join local AD in the same manner?

What’s the best process to get from this state to getting them all up and running again and updated to Windows 10 Teams 2020? Is there a way to set everything in Intune, sign in and have them auto configure with our existing Intune polices and get upgraded to Windows 10 Teams 2020 all in one step sort of like Autopilot for Windows 10?
Have you referred to this article on MS Tech Community?
Surface Hub Windows 10 Team 2020 Update – Hub v1 status - Microsoft Tech Community

Or this Docs page?
Install Windows 10 Team 2020 Update - Surface Hub | Microsoft Docs