What's new

My SKINny Surface Pro 2 - Vinyl Skin

GoodBytes

Thanks! Yea I wanted to see it in real life. It's OK if the shots aren't super great.
I am thinking of buying for summer work, to avoid accidental scratches, but remove it after, back as it wise, after.
I am more interested in something that looks nice, preferably stays true to the device current looks for scratch protection.

beq

Black leather on bottom right, black matte antibacterial on the rest:
image001.jpg

Black matte left, black leather right:
image002.jpg

Black leather left, black matte right:
image003.jpg

Black matte:
image004.jpg

Black leather:
image005.jpg

Black leather:
image006.jpg

Sorry no sunlight, been overcast and raining at home the whole weekend. Also forgot to wipe off all the lint and whatnot :(

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
OP here...

Wow, beq. Looks terrific. That's why I chose stickerboy.net. The textures on the skins make a big difference.

By the way, only after I attached the skin did I notice little light colored scrapes and such on the edges of the Surface. A black permanent marker took care of that.

Last edited:

beq

Thanks sharpcolorado. Yeah the SP2's had gone months without protection and suffered various scrapes and scratches, especially on the edges and corners. Though, some abrasions also resulted from all my vigorous alcohol rubbing :)

FYI had to move junk off my desk to shoot those pics, here's where some ended up heh:

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! Some angry birds hanging on the wires around here are accusing me of being a hoarder due to this picture. And that was SO several accessories ago...

sp2_stuff.jpg

GoodBytes

Sorry for the delay, I had exams.

This is really nice!
The leather one makes it look like a leather book or something.
The other one make it look like it is in a solid case.

Hmm choices choices....

Thank you very much for the pictures! I really appreciate it. :D

beq

Sure, and thanks for your Surface Tweak Tool :D I don't envy you the choice! In retrospect I think I'll stick with the black matte antibacterial on mine, since it's already done.

FYI had to move junk off my desk to shoot those pics, here's where some ended up heh
Hmm would've included the Type Cover Wireless Adapters and Power Cover but didn't have them with me that day. And forgot the Surface dongles in my drawer (HMDI/VGA/LAN adapters). Could've completed the "Surface accessories" pic though, which I wanted to send to a good buddy of mine who doesn't have a Surface (yet). Oh well I'm too lazy to move things around again...

Last edited:
Thanks sharpcolorado. Yeah the SP2's had gone months without protection and suffered various scrapes and scratches, especially on the edges and corners. Though, some abrasions also resulted from all my vigorous alcohol rubbing :)

FYI had to move junk off my desk to shoot those pics, here's where some ended up heh:

View attachment 1928

View attachment 1929

Oh the things I'd do for one of those Docking Stations. Impossible to get here in the UK without being nailed on import charges over eBay /sigh/

beq

Oh that's a bummer, hopefully Microsoft will stock more in the UK :(

Some family members still not using their docks yet cuz I'm still trying to evaluate monitors.

Oh that's a bummer, hopefully Microsoft will stock more in the UK :(

Some family members still not using their docks yet cuz I'm still trying to evaluate monitors.

I'm pretty sure they've never gone on sale here yet :( Import charges on eBay can add another £50-£80 to the shipment, on top of handling. As much as I need one, that's just ridiculous.