What's new

My Surface after 3 weeks of Working Hard

uFo

New Member
Hi All,

I have had my surface Pro 2 for a little over 3 weeks now.

I use my surface for many things, please see my forum post titled "greetings from cold alberta" for a more in detail description.

I wanted to show you what happens when you actually use this machine for what it was designed for -

pic 9.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic 6.jpg

pic 7.jpg

pic 8.jpg

I apreciate this might seem like a hell of a lot of damage for you guys. But for me this just shows me that im using the machine as it was meant to be used - as a work horse.

Machine hasnt been dropped (yet), has been put on rocks, sand, snow, on top of my truck, in my truck and pretty much everywhere else you can think of in an oil field.

held up well to the abuse. Screen hasnt been scratched once yet.

Pictures have been taken with my crappy iphone so i'm sorry for the quality (or lack of). You may need to zoom out to see them better.
 

Booch

New Member
I kinda doubt that was what the folks in Redmond had envisioned when designing this great piece, but wth :)
Although I have NO intentions on a similar fate for mine, it is cool to know it could withstand such use. Thanks for sharing & keep us updated throughout the life of your sp2.
 
OP
U

uFo

New Member
That was the reason behind the post. I'm sure many people will baby their device. So i just wanted to show what happens when you use it for 15hrs a day as a tool.

But i agree, it wasnt designed for the kind of abuse I give to it. But that being said, it handles everything with ease, and it works in -30 weather also.

I will be replacing the touch cover with a type cover when i fly back to YYC (tomorrow) so that will have to start from fresh again.

But I will keep you all posted on the life of the machine.
 
Last edited:

kristalsoldier

Well-Known Member
Thanks for the pics... But I have to say that I use my Surface 2 (not the Pro) everyday for about the same or similar amount of time, but yes, I am careful with it though. The biggest difference, however, is my work environment which is basically office-centric. In other words, in my own way, I push the Surface 2 very hard, but physically, its environs are much less harsher than what your device operates it (or so it seems).
 
OP
U

uFo

New Member
Yea, I have a Surface 2 at home. That I work with when I am home and not in the field. It is also much nicer as a consumption device. The Surface Pro however, is outside 75% of the day collecting or configuring data. The other 25%, its on my desk at work emailing and creating documents. It will unfortunately have a lot harder life than a) my Surface 2 at home and b) most other Surface Pro 2's out there. But if I were a Surface Pro 2, I'd rather be slaved and worked hard than an accessory in someones bag.

But I do realize that I'm in a minority with the way I use my device.
 

kristalsoldier

Well-Known Member
Yea, I have a Surface 2 at home. That I work with when I am home and not in the field. It is also much nicer as a consumption device. The Surface Pro however, is outside 75% of the day collecting or configuring data. The other 25%, its on my desk at work emailing and creating documents. It will unfortunately have a lot harder life than a) my Surface 2 at home and b) most other Surface Pro 2's out there. But if I were a Surface Pro 2, I'd rather be slaved and worked hard than an accessory in someones bag.

But I do realize that I'm in a minority with the way I use my device.
I guess it comes down to individual work environments. Mine is more sedate, but no less intense. And, my Surface 2 is my only mobile content creation device. My consumption devices are my iPad, Nexus 10 and my Nokia phone.
 
Search tags for this page

after surface 3

surface 3 3 weeks after

surface pro 3 after 3 weeks

Members online

No members online now.
Top