What's new

Solved My Surface won't boot up - MS support Can't help :-(

bluegrass

What happened to the original files on the cameras memory chip? Is the only location for the pictures now on the Surface? If so, I'm really sorry to hear about your dilemma. I know how much family vacation photos, especially Disneyland means to you. You should at least be able to have the store order or give you a new replacement Surface for free.

OP
M

mseck99

The pics on the SD Card we deleted, the next thing will be to try to retrieve it from the SD Card.

I was about to upgrade to the Pro3 - 256GB, i did made the upgrade while waiting for them..

megatronium

The pics on the SD Card we deleted, the next thing will be to try to retrieve it from the SD Card.

I was about to upgrade to the Pro3 - 256GB, i did made the upgrade while waiting for them..

If you haven't recorded over the SD card multiple times, the files are likely there and recoverable. Use Recuva.

EMINENT

I actually had a bit of a scare yesterday where mine wouldn't boot either. I tried holding down volume up with power and volume down too. Nothing worked until I tried both volume up and down with power for a few seconds and it came on. Everything fine now.

OP
M

mseck99

All,

Well, I had to wear to technician hat to recover the pictures. After hours of research i decided to be brace and attempt to do it myself. I created a Ubuntu live DC(Flash Drive), and retrieved the data that way... I don't like paying for tools.

Kif

All,

Well, I had to wear to technician hat to recover the pictures. After hours of research i decided to be brace and attempt to do it myself. I created a Ubuntu live DC(Flash Drive), and retrieved the data that way... I don't like paying for tools.

Very nice. I'll be sure to ping you if I ever get into the same situation since your now an expert. ;)