What's new

New iphone owner - how do you integrate with the Surface Pro 3

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh well, perhaps I'm going the wrong way as I just ordered a Nokia 930 (icon in th eUSA) after 3 weeks with a Lumia 635 I decided I liked windows phone 8.1 and wanted a better phone, more similar in spec to my nexus4. with Cortana now released to win 8.1 and the 930... have I done the wrong thing then???

I'm lucky though I 'm off contract and can buy whatever phone I like whenever I like.
Or perhaps you're going the right way... I think so.

Lobo

@Moonsurface I wouldn't be worried.

You already experienced the platform and seem to like it, so that shouldn't be a problem. It'll play nice with your Surface and the hardware specs are top notch.

The only thing to point out is the omission of Nokia Glare, but that might not be important for everybody.

So go and enjoy your new phone, it'll serve you well. :)

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

I should have picked a different name for the thread. I wanted to know how SP3 owner integrates their iPhone to Microsoft ecosystem specially SP3 owners.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

The OneDrive app on the iPhone works perfectly. I have thousands of photos and videos backed up this way.

Arguments on this thread about the 'best' phone are not helpful to your original post. The best phone is the one you use. So congrats on your new iPhone. People here can help you with it, but you'll get better and more helpful advice elsewhere on the Web.
Correct. I'm looking for advice integrating the iPhone to Microsoft ecosystem. The decision of buying the phone is already taken. I find pathetic when people come asking for advice in what to buy. That's a personal decision. I never have seen anyone asking what girl to marry. ;)

What about contacts, email settings (live.com) and calendar?
Skype?

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

I predict in a week or so you will grow very tired of the iPhone and will regret the purchase. Aside from apps, Windows phone demolishes the iPhone.

With the iPhone, you can change your wallpaper = whoop-de-doo! There is nothing even close to live tiles and the OS is made for a child to use.

Also, I have not done contract phones in years. Just pay full price and be done with it. Also, the Nokia Icon (Verizon version) works fine on T-Mobile if you grow weary of the iPhone and want to try something else..
Sorry, I love Windows Phone. But I'm not willing to have another phone that's not getting upgrades from MS.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

One thing, I want to keep using Live to my contacts, calendars, etc. I don't want to use anything relative to Apple ecosystem.

my goal is to integrate the iPhone to Microsoft no the other way around.

grumpy

Correct. I'm looking for advice integrating the iPhone to Microsoft ecosystem. The decision of buying the phone is already taken.
Hmmmmm... It would seem that the logical thing would have been to investigate the feasibility PRIOR to the purchase. Smells like an impulse buy...
I find pathetic when people come asking for advice in what to buy. That's a personal decision. I never have seen anyone asking what girl to marry. ;)
If people ask the right questions PRIOR to a purchase, they are less likely to be caught unawares. Certainly nothing pathetic about that - and a great deal more intelligent than investing in a piece of technology without first knowing if can meet their needs.

Lobo

Yes, of course. While I do it the other way around, that shouldn't be a problem. I'd keep my stuff in sync with Outlook on the desktop and have it push to Apple's services, so contacts, calendars and all the other stuff should appear on your iPhone.

Now you will need an iCloud-Account, but those are up for grabs and aside from running sync you won't have to touch iCloud at all.

If you were to dump iOS, you could just cut the sync and go on with your life on Windows as before. :)

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Hmmmmm... It would seem that the logical thing would have been to investigate the feasibility PRIOR to the purchase. Smells like an impulse buy...

I used an iPad as my main home PC for almost two years. So there is not any doubt in my mind that I can integrate the iPhone to my Windows Ecosystem but... why should I reinvent the bicycle? It there are other owners here would be wise to share info and advices ;)

cesard09

I have all my contacts, calenders etc from my google account. I basically add my gmail info from within the email setup on the iphone. I sync everything except mail, for which i use the gmail app. I assume hotmail/outlook/live has something similar in functionality.