What's new

New iphone owner - how do you integrate with the Surface Pro 3

Len J

Correct. I'm looking for advice integrating the iPhone to Microsoft ecosystem. The decision of buying the phone is already taken. I find pathetic when people come asking for advice in what to buy. That's a personal decision. I never have seen anyone asking what girl to marry. ;)

What about contacts, email settings (live.com) and calendar?
Skype?

Re contacts, email and calendar. I have office 365 small business premium, which comes w exchange mail..... auto syncs all that w the iPhone.

Len

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Another question. Now I have iTunes installed in my desktop. Should I install it in my SP3? I hate iTunes.

kristalsoldier

Oh well, perhaps I'm going the wrong way as I just ordered a Nokia 930 (icon in th eUSA) after 3 weeks with a Lumia 635 I decided I liked windows phone 8.1 and wanted a better phone, more similar in spec to my nexus4. with Cortana now released to win 8.1 and the 930... have I done the wrong thing then???

I'm lucky though I 'm off contract and can buy whatever phone I like whenever I like.

Me too...Just ordered the L930, which I will get on my return to home base. Am traveling again. My SP3 has clocked over 32K miles over the last 3 weeks!!! And, it is holding up brilliantly.

JimB

I would like to try that but a lot of talk that AT&T can detect any type of tethering even if you jailbreak. They can cancel your unlimited plan without warning other than a nasty text message.

That being said I sure wish Microsoft would have added a sim card to the Surface by now.

mmoran27

Also got a new phone today, but went in a completely different direction: got the Blackberry Passport, and it's amazing.

Incredible display for productivity, best phone keyboard I've ever used, and BB 10.3 is very nice overall. Phone is much snappier than any of my previous Androids, build quality is top-notch, battery is BIS, and you can even sideload android apps. Swipes/gestures are also very intuitive, as the keyboard itself acts as a trackpad for scrolling (in any direction) which lets me avoid smudging up the screen - and there's no physical home button taking up space as you just swipe up from the bottom to get home, and swipe right-left to delete words.

Honestly, it feels like the SP3 of the phablet world - and best of all, it doesn't bend in your pants.

LOL yea that company will not be around in a few years so good luck with that.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Correct. I'm looking for advice integrating the iPhone to Microsoft ecosystem. The decision of buying the phone is already taken. I find pathetic when people come asking for advice in what to buy. That's a personal decision. I never have seen anyone asking what girl to marry. ;)

What about contacts, email settings (live.com) and calendar?
Skype?

The email app on the iPhone plays very well with Outlook. Contacts and calendars on your Exchange or IMAP account are synced through. I don't Skype much, though.

The Office apps are wonderful on the iPhone.

annabanana

Also got a new phone today, but went in a completely different direction: got the Blackberry Passport, and it's amazing.

Incredible display for productivity, best phone keyboard I've ever used, and BB 10.3 is very nice overall. Phone is much snappier than any of my previous Androids, build quality is top-notch, battery is BIS, and you can even sideload android apps. Swipes/gestures are also very intuitive, as the keyboard itself acts as a trackpad for scrolling (in any direction) which lets me avoid smudging up the screen - and there's no physical home button taking up space as you just swipe up from the bottom to get home, and swipe right-left to delete words.

Honestly, it feels like the SP3 of the phablet world - and best of all, it doesn't bend in your pants.

Oh, I am jealous!! It comes with the Amazon App Store preloaded, so you don't need to sideload for most Android apps. However it's a breeze if you sideload Snap, for apps from Google Play.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

The email app on the iPhone plays very well with Outlook. Contacts and calendars on your Exchange or IMAP account are synced through. I don't Skype much, though.

The Office apps are wonderful on the iPhone.
I checked the screen shots of OneNote for iPhone and it look more complete than the Windows Phone version. Is that real?