What's new

New surface pro 4 creak in bottom left of device and screen discoloration when screen pressed hard.

narutoninjakid

New Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2016
Messages
14
Points
1
My Device
None
Hey guys just opened up the new surface pro 4 I bought yesterday. The only thing I'm noticing so far is that when I press slightly hard in the bottom left corner of the device I hear creaking/click noise. And it occurs every time I press there with a little pressure. I'm wondering if that's normal. I'm also noticing when I press down with a little Force anywhere on the screen there is a little discoloration that appears on it until I release the pressure is this normal? I do have some light bleed in the upper portion but that may be normal with lcd's. Is this normal or should I go ahead and return before the sales are over.

Link to video showing sound and screen discoloration :



Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 
No not normal sounds like the glue has failed holding the screen in or between digitizer and screen
OK I'm going to return this today. Hopefully they have more in Stock in the store I bought it from.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 
No not normal sounds like the glue has failed holding the screen in or between digitizer and screen
I picked up a second unit and it also has this noise. Does your unit have the noise?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 
I picked up a second unit and it also has this noise. Does your unit have the noise?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Most definitely not. You can press anywhere.. no noise. You should,t be pressing hard however.
 
Most definitely not. You can press anywhere.. no noise. You should,t be pressing hard however.
It's on the bottom left corner. Did you try it? The other corners don't make a noise. They are both the same lot number however.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 
I would suspect that the creak would decrease with time. Keeping the device warm will likely make all the glue adhere better. You may try placing the SP4 in a blanket or towel while charging, which will warm up the device. Then when the device is warm, tap around the screen carefully but rather firmly to make sure the glue adheres well. This will likely improve the situation.

.If I were you, I would not exchange again, unless I did it in person and could test the replacement device before accepting.
 
Back
Top