What's new

New User with challenges

Cem

Hi,
after I left Windows 8 years ago I'm back with the Pro 3 (i5 256GB).
But I have to say I struggle and like my new toy.

I have copied a corporate image from my company for a project.
FIrst I forgot to create a recovery image and I understand from this forum there is no easy way to revert to "original" Windows 8.1. Does MS provide such service ?

I have troubles with this new switch account thingy. I googled and thought I had found a solution by adjusting the group policy settings and to go to the store, then settings then type in the MS account but it actually didn't keep my local user active instead switched completely to the MS account.
My corporate account disappeared completely. I created manually but can't login. Is there a way to have a user for the system and use the MS account only for the store and also to deactivate the necessity to use MS account for many apps from the store ?

When I start an app from the tiles or go to settings via charms I don't know how to close those apps, moving mouse to top doesn't reveal any x.

thanks for any tips

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Before I can fully help, I'll need some information about your company's Active Directory, is it using Server 2008 (R2) or Server 2012 (R2)? Depending on those answers I can further assist....

OP
C

Cem

Hi Jeff,
thanks.
I have decided to re-apply tomorrow the Corporate image, the first time I did without wired network connection. With my newly acquired 3.0 usb hub with ethernet the setup should be more stable.

But - to be prepared what is the best strategy and settings to deal with the MS account and local user accounts ? I'd like to avoid MS forcing me to switch to MS account. On the other hand I'd like to have the MS account only set up for the store.

Thx
Cem

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If this is joined to an Active Directory Domain your IT department has the ability using Group Policy to allow you to associate your Microsoft Account with your AD Account (using the ADMX Files from a Windows 8.x machine or if they are using Windows Server 2012 (R2)).

Other than that is to go into the App Settings and enter your Microsoft Account as many Apps require it...