What's new

OFFICIAL I Now Have a Surface Pro 3 i7

Maximus3D

After a looong wait which seemed to last an eternity i finally picked up mine today, the little i had time to mess around with it i have to say it feels fantastic in every possible way. It's an i7 with 8GB ram and 256GB SSD, keyboard cover and mouse will arrive later on as they both ran out of stock.

My model number is: 1631

Btw, it's so thin & light. Wow! jaw was officially dropped when i lifted it from it's box. :)

/ Magnus

surfaceprogamer

I'm very disappointed with the cooling system of Surface pro 3 i7 and and I'm still amazed with the cooling system of my Surface pro 2

ande s

Cambo

Just got the i7 256gig and the i5 for the wife. Feels very nice. I had the surface pro 1 and 2 but this is just what I wanted finally

lispy

Hi guys! Just ordered my i7 256gb. Should be here Wednesday, can't wait.
Even all the talk of overheating etc could not put me off such an amazing piece of tech.
I'll keep you updated on how it does when I get it and start using it.
Cheers!

Tosko

I got mine 2 days ago!!!

Surface Pro 3, i5, 256GB and 8GB RAM.
also bought the type cover, extremely happy :D

mpf541

I just got mine. My i5 had a connector problem and they replaced it. Let me just pay the price difference and get the i7. Seems to be working just fine with all the latest updates

Maximus3D

I think i owned miue now for a week, the i7 256GB and it's a lovely piece of enginnering. Today i added the keyboard thingy and a Arc Touch Mouse. It will take some time getting used to these things but they do feel great. :)

What still amazes me is the incredible portability of this device, it's so tiny and occupies no space at all. I had a few fellow Macbook owners look at me with envious eyes. :)

/ Magnus

Kris

finally got a SP3 again after that Best Buy fiasco, upgraded to the I7/256. So far no issues, though the fan does come on more often and is twice as loud but that's still really quiet. I haven't had a chance to put it through many tests since UPS didn't deliver it until 8:30pm. A couple weeks using android tablets was enough for me, I think I got too spoiled withe the SP3.

mtalinm

Kris - if you are having fan issues let me suggest implementing ctitanic's trick of reducing the number of file-indexing operations. it's a bit complex to explain, but it really works.

Kris

Kris - if you are having fan issues let me suggest implementing ctitanic's trick of reducing the number of file-indexing operations. it's a bit complex to explain, but it really works.
Thank you I will look it up, I am going to be testing it today. So far this seams to be the best SP3 I have purchased. No internet issues, no bluetooth issues. and no WiFi issues... Maybe I should have gotten an I7 to begin with.