What's new

OFFICIAL I Now Have a Surface Pro 3 i7

lion

I have got my surface pro 3 i7 at lunch date. I auctually pre ordered it. But it seams like my charger is broken :(... anyway I have done some research and it seems like surface pro 3 i7 have some throttling issue . Check this video out ( Surface Pro 3 USB Fan = 62% Performance Improveme…:
) whats the point of getting i7 device if you get same performance as i3 ?

Agave Azul

As a side note, a quick thanks to the helpful people here. I have been watching these forums since the SP2 launched, waiting to see what comes next (10.1 was just to small).

IMHO, my SP2/256 is just fine in portability.
I have done some measurements of the sp3 and tried to see its size in front of me; as I am quite mobile.
The 10.1 fits for everything I do while on the go.

Last edited:

FlySwatter

I have done some measurements of the sp3 and tried to see its size in front of me; as I am quite mobile.
The SP3 isn't for everyone, as is not the SP2. I had the original Surface Pro and the 10.1 screen became to small to work with, especially considering I am in Desktop mode most of the time. But that's due to my eye sight -- 10 years ago, this wouldn't have been a problem, but today it is (I'm 53). I "upgraded" the Surface to a Dell Venue Pro 11 (the "upgrade being 1 inch of screen real estate), but that barely helped. The SP3 finally gave me an environment I can work in comfortably. The 12 inch screen with 200% text makes it an absolute joy to use.

Woohoo! I'm in the club (UK resident who happened to be on hols in the US on Friday (Tax Free to boot!!!)

Picked up an I7 256Gb at 10am Friday.....upgraded from a Surface Pro 2 and absolutely love it. Also picked up a load of other Surface goodies

You guys are spoilt for prices in the US, the UK prices wind me up

Also picked one up from Orlando, during Tax free weekend. Love the machine.

Akairu

It certainly is a point of preference and it's nice to have options.

Chris Stephen

I got my Surface Pro 3 I7 512GB on August 2nd. So far it's been pretty good.

I got the Ghost Glass from MIME for my surface. No bubbles and you cant even tell it's there so having said that, it's awesome. Works perfectly fine with the SP3 pen exactly like without the glass protector.

Overall my experience has been mostly positive. I haven't run any stress tests or bench marked it at all but I do have bitlocker enabled and the performance has been great but I am a pretty light user so I'm not really pushing it too hard. I use my gaming laptop for gaming (ASUS G750jh) as I wouldn't expect too much from a SP3 for gaming. My office provided me a Dell E7440 which has very similar specs as the SP3 and I wouldn't play games on it either. Little games like Microsoft Mahjong would be fine but the big FPS games I wouldn't bother. That's just me though.

It did get kinda hot in the upper right corner of the back and the fan came on when I did the windows updates and firmware updates but it stays cool and quiet the rest of the time. Same deal on my Dell E7440.

When I install firmware updates, I've been running into a problem where it gets stuck on "Please wait while we install a system update". Check out this post.

I think the cameras both front and back really suck. The quality is terrible for such a premium device.

I haven't had any problems with WIFI. Others have said that it's an issue for them. I'm running it on Wireless N so maybe it's just a Wireless AC issue. Not really sure on that.

Otherwise, mostly positive experience here.

rjgraves

Got mine! I saw the UPS guy drive by and hopped in my car to hunt him down in my neighbourhood. The right side on the back gets HOT!

Updating and installing all my programs now (chrome, autocad, etc.)

I'm curious....how well does AutoCAD run on the SP3? (By the way, new member, first post)

ynohtna

i7, 256GB SP3 with Dock since Aug 15! :)

sp3-2xU2413.PNG