What's new

Official Windows 10, post upgrade discussions and problems

Toekiller

Another issue I have is I'm unable to pasted into the body of an email using mail. Any idea? I can paste into the subject.

Kriegerisch

The ability to start OneNote from sleep mode (you known, when double clicking pen's cap) has disappeared after installing windows 10 for me, unless I'm doing something wrong

ScottyS

Double clicking pen's purple button is supposed to capture a screen shot and send it to OneNote, single click is supposed to open OneNote, even from sleep, to a blank untitled page.
It practically never worked for me in Win8, but seems to be working better for me in Win10.

GTiceman

The ability to start OneNote from sleep mode (you known, when double clicking pen's cap) has disappeared after installing windows 10 for me, unless I'm doing something wrong

Same

Double clicking pen's purple button is supposed to capture a screen shot and send it to OneNote, single click is supposed to open OneNote, even from sleep, to a blank untitled page.
It practically never worked for me in Win8, but seems to be working better for me in Win10.

The opening a sheet works for you from sleep?

ScottyS

The opening a sheet works for you from sleep?

Sometimes. o_O

It practically never worked before. I even took it to the MS store I bought the SP3 and they tried a new pen, which didn't work so they gave me a new SP3. Didn't work on that either.

Just tried it and single click did nothing, double click brought it out from sleep but to the logon screen although I have it set not to require password on waking from sleep.

Single click after I entered my password did open OneNote to a blank page.

The thing is, it's supposed to open a blank sheet out of sleep in front of any logon screen so you can carry it around like a legal pad, asleep, and with one click jot down a note and let it go back to sleep. Great idea, too bad they can't get it to work right for everyone every time.:mad:

Wayne Orwig

New files added to OneDrive after the upgrade doesn't show up in the Android OneDrive app.

Mine isn't that bad. But none of my OneDrive pictures will sync. Everything else does.
I also had two OneDrive folders. One of them, I believe, was a renamed SkyDrive folder. That made a mess of things. Two folders with the same name in the same place.

Kriegerisch

Sometimes. o_O

It practically never worked before. I even took it to the MS store I bought the SP3 and they tried a new pen, which didn't work so they gave me a new SP3. Didn't work on that either.

Just tried it and single click did nothing, double click brought it out from sleep but to the logon screen although I have it set not to require password on waking from sleep.

The thing is, it's supposed to open a blank sheet out of sleep in front of any logon screen so you can carry it around like a legal pad, asleep, and with one click jot down a note and let it go back to sleep. Great idea, too bad they can't get it to work right for everyone every time.:mad:
For me, it used to work like a charm on windows 8, now I have to log in and open OneNote, I hope they can fix it soon

GTiceman

Sometimes. o_O

Okay, what I was asking was about the sheet opening in windows 10 from sleep in front of a login page so it appears like that doesn't work properly for anyone

CrippsCorner

I open the Volume Mixer and change System Sounds to 5% which is how I always do it... but every time I boot up it changes back up to maximum (of what I have it at) :(

One more thing... I changed Cortana's search bar to just an icon and now I'd actually like it back to the longer version, and I can't remember how I done it! I searched for an answer and it seems to point to Taskbar and Search Menu Properties, then Search tab. However, I don't have a search tab :confused:

GTiceman

I open the Volume Mixer and change System Sounds to 5% which is how I always do it... but every time I boot up it changes back up to maximum (of what I have it at) :(

One more thing... I changed Cortana's search bar to just an icon and now I'd actually like it back to the longer version, and I can't remember how I done it! I searched for an answer and it seems to point to Taskbar and Search Menu Properties, then Search tab. However, I don't have a search tab :confused:

Not sure about #1, but #2 right click on Cortana on the Start Bar, Select Cortana, Change to whichever you prefer