What's new

Official Windows 10, post upgrade discussions and problems

CrippsCorner

:( any idea how to get that option back!?

Cortana_zps8ar3xzgg.png

CrippsCorner

I worked it out, quite simply really! You can't have the bar when you're using 'small taskbar buttons' which is a shame :( I only do this to save space vertically, I don't mind so much about horizontally.

kundas1

I'm having all sorts of trouble with win 10, I'm not too impressed with it yet, but I KNOW it will mature and get better (I hope!) and things will sort out... that said I am having trouble with my sound and plug... keep getting a pop up telling me that I plugged in a headphone and then unplug all the time, also my battery has taken a dive for the worse even in standby! Cortana is buggy and doesn't understand my questions (think it has to do with the mic problem we all are having) and a couple of more I can't remember ATM... hate to say it but I am liking (and missing) win 8 more right now....

CrippsCorner

I love the look! But it needs more polish... do you use Bluetooth audio? That's where my big problems really began.

Cortana is very bad, Siri is so much more responsive. However as for actually searching; quickest yet, so I'm loving that aspect of the Start Menu/Cortana.

Oldsalt

I have tried to search, but can not see if this has been raised. Since upgrading, when I connect my Fujifilm Finepix camera using USB, the normal folder holding the images is empty. If I put the SD card into the SD card reader on my old HP laptop, the files are visible. I suspect this is a USB issue?

CrippsCorner

Today's little annoyance... when you snap to the side, and decide to resize that app, you literally only have one pixel to grab. This makes it very frustrating as you go left and right of it before you get it perfect! o_O

Something I do love is the recently used files which can be very handy!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have tried to search, but can not see if this has been raised. Since upgrading, when I connect my Fujifilm Finepix camera using USB, the normal folder holding the images is empty. If I put the SD card into the SD card reader on my old HP laptop, the files are visible. I suspect this is a USB issue?
I had that problem under 8.1 with my dad's camera... had to get a USB card reader for it to work. Different brand of camera though... clearly the interface/controller chip used in some cameras is lacking.

f4f

Anyone know how to change the icon or colour of pinned URLs from edge on the start menu \ screen? Most just appear the same as the default edge icon.

Any response to this? I'd like to have the specific website graphic on shortcuts, too. That was a very cool feature of windows 8.1. I noticed that reddit.com has an icon for edge but on windows 8.1 you could choose from a selection of 4 or so for ie.

macmee

hahaha I wish this wasn't an issue but here it is:

My device was off/standby/(whatever it does when screen is off) all night, left it at 100% battery. Woke up and device was still off, but was VERY hot and wouldn't turn on :(