What's new

Oh, Crap!

HD_Dude

Well, I have had three watches that corroded badly when I was younger, and that prompted me to stick to Citizen titanium watch for nearly a decade. My Calvin Klein titanium frame is showing small signs of corrosion.

Rolex.

Buy once, and never again.

OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

Rolex.

Buy once, and never again.

Sadly, I traded my 14060 for a Big Block because I love chrono. But I'm keeping my IWC Inge AMG, Zenith El Primero 36'000 VPH and Rainbow, Hublot, etc. I'll re-kindle with Rolex, perhaps 40th anniv. Daytona?

bosamar

Sadly, I traded my 14060 for a Big Block because I love chrono. But I'm keeping my IWC Inge AMG, Zenith El Primero 36'000 VPH and Rainbow, Hublot, etc. I'll re-kindle with Rolex, perhaps 40th anniv. Daytona?
What a solution!

OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

Here's how my Surface RT looks like today, less than a year from purchase.

DSC_8780.jpg

DSC_8774.jpg

DSC_8776.jpg

riggi

I have some things that look like rust spots on the side of my SP too. They feel like rust (raised bubble spots as opposed to scratches). But they are not brown like rust. They look the same as in your 2nd and 3rd picture.

I guess Vapor Mag isn't really really all tat fantastic. It might sound sexier than aluminium or carbon fibre, but not as resilient...

kristalsoldier

Damn, Arnold...the condition looks very bad! Very strange! My RT thus far does not exhibit such cosmetic degradation. That said, I do always keep it in a soft case. This also leads to wonder about something. Remember years back companies like Sony and Panasonic used to sell a "tropicalized" version of their electronic stuff (like TVs, radio sets etc.) in Asia? Which is also why in those days, people used to flock to HK and S'pore to buy their equipment rather than buying their electronics from Europe and the US. Maybe MS's VaporMg has not been sufficiently "tropicalized"!!!!

OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

Perhaps. I still remember the frustration of high-end speaker manufacturer Sonus Faber when their speakers self-destruct (the surround material) in the Philippines. They found a way now, preventing the issue.

mitchellvii

In America we have things called "cases". Craziest thing you ever saw. It wraps around your fragile electronic device and actually protects it from damage. I know, nuts right? :)

P.S. Very hard materials tend to chip easily. Try dropping an unbreakable dish at just the right angle and watch it literally explode into a million tiny shards. The molecular structure is so tight that if it does break it can be quite spectacular.

Last edited:
OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

Yes we have some of those here. My girlfriend used one on her Lumia 610 and when she asked me to swap with my HTC One V, the back only reads NO A.

;)