What's new

OneDrive slow using Explorer

Kris

On my fourth SP3. Have very bad luck with electronics being defective when I buy them. Went through 3 Asus routers in the last week to finally get one that would work farther than 10 feet away from it. Back on topic, when using Explorer to move files from my one drive to my PC it is extremely slow, even with files under 1mb. My last few SP3s everything moved at lightning fast speeds.

bluegrass

I don't know if you're trying to move files through wifi or not but it would be much faster and better to move the files to a thumb drive or a USB hard drive and than move them to the PC or if you were just backing files up that you want to restore to your next Surface you could just leave them on the thumb drive or USB drive.

Aegeas

It is far more likely that your local signal spectrum is completely saturated from other wireless devices than you getting 3 bad routers. If this is the case you will get low connection speeds and transferring files across your wireless is going to be crap. Bluegrass is right, use a thumb drive.

OP
K

Kris

The routers were defective, had 3 friends that work as computer techs look at them. They tried everything they could think of on each one, spent hours doing it too. The last router I got worked perfectly right away. I have Pandora playing constantly in my bedroom, 30 feet away and behind many walls, it started playing immediately while setting up the last router. My transfer rate next to the router is 30MB/s to 45MB/s in the back bedroom it is a solid 20MB/s.
Downloading from the website is extremely fast, just like before, but using Explorer is slow.

Last edited:

bluegrass

If you're referring to moving files back and forth to your Surface from the OneDrive cloud, it's going to be extremely slow. You should just decide what files you want to sync between OneDrive and your local drive. That way they will sync themselves in the background, whenever your connected to the Internet.