What's new

Slow scrolling in modern UI Internet Explorer is jerky, choppy and not smooth

OP
D

DumperSP

Yes there is. The chipset in SP3 is different from the on in SP2.
If you search, you can see several problems with the Marvel Wifi chip in the SP3.
AVM has stated to work for bad wifiperformance with the mentioned Marvel chipset used in SP3.
Try the same test with another wifi accesspoint or router, probably your problem isn't there anymore

But this is a Scrolling issue. There is no load to the WIFI chipset at this Moment. I could deactivate Wifi after loading a Website and still have the unsmooth Scrolling situation.

In another Forum, i have found people who have exactly the same issue like me.
Please have a look:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi.../307862-touchscreen-scrolling-choppyness.html

OP
D

DumperSP

Yes, but 2 hours ago, i have testet nearly 8 different surface pro 3 machines with different CPUs in a store and what can i say...every surface do have this issue :eek::(o_O:(:(:(:(:(

The likelihood is nearly 0% that all these machines had this issue. o_O

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never seen a scrolling issue at all. Even flicking the screen it scrolls like a spinning wheel. If it was a common problem lots of people would be reporting it but they aren't why?

JohnR

OP, looks like you have a problem with SP3 in general. If I were you I would run back to the place you purchase your device from and try to return for full refund.

OP
D

DumperSP

If it was a common problem lots of people would be reporting it but they aren't why?
Thats the 1 mio dollar/euro^^ question (except these guys in the other thread i have posted). But i think my description that this is an "issue" is too much. It is only less smooth than e.g. a surface pro 2 and it is not a beautiful behaviour. that's all.

If i scroll very slow with the finger on the screen, the text is flickering during scrolling and this is not very good to read. Feeling jerky, choppy....

Anyway the SP3 is a very cool device with or without that "issue" / behaviour. The fact that all devices with all configurations are affected is good to know. Otherwise i would return my device.

E.g. you can use an iphone or android device for scrolling comparison as well. And this behaviour only appears if you are scrolling very slow and with your finger still on the screen up and down.

greetings