What's new

Payment options in app store

masshlx

Hope I posted in the right spot. I want to purchase a few app from the store, but I'd rather not link a credit card. Is there a way, now or in the works, to buy a card in a box store like Xbox has to load credit on a online account?

oion

My credit card bank gives the option to create a virtual "temporary" number for use in online transactions when I'm uncomfortable giving the real number; the account feature creates a different number, and I can set both charge limit and expiration date (or it defaults to max and 1 month).

Another possible option are those credit card "gift cards," such as the Visa gift card (which I've never used).

Endorsay

Hope I posted in the right spot. I want to purchase a few app from the store, but I'd rather not link a credit card. Is there a way, now or in the works, to buy a card in a box store like Xbox has to load credit on a online account?
Windows 8.1 will allow you to do what you want (eg buy a card and then enter the code to buy apps). There should be more news about this around October 18 timeframe.

Search tags for this page
app store payment options
gift card not an option for payment in windows app store
microsoft account payment options
microsoft payment in apps

microsoft payment options

microsoft store payment options
payment option for app store
payment options for microsoft app store
surface buy apps gift card
windows surface apps payment options

Members online