What's new

PDFs

ARosch

First, are there are PDF viewers out there where you can jump to a certain page without having to first go there and bookmark it? I find myself using textbooks several times each day on my Surface and I am usually not close to the beginning of the book. I have tried the default Reader and Adobe Touch, neither seem to have ability unless I am just missing something.

Also, is there a way to view PDFs from the browser without having to download them? Like some sort of Adobe plugin I can download perhaps?

bosamar

The built in Reader app supports continuous pages. Swipe up from the bottom to select. It also has a Find function and Bookmarks.

OP
ARosch

ARosch

Continuous pages helps, but still makes it tedious if you need to go 100+ pages in. Book marks are great, but you have to create them. The find function hasn't been real helpful in my experience. The best solution I have come up with is to create bookmarks in the PDF on my desktop then send the PDF back to the Surface.

bosamar

My 296-page naval history book is in PDF and I've bookmarked all the chapters just for that reason.

bosamar

I also forgot to mention that if you pinch the document smaller you can view ten pages per screen.

Rvacha

I don't need editing or markup features, but I do need to keep multiple PDFs open at once. I'd really like a reader that had tabs but I have not found such a thing yet. The next best solution for me is the Adobe Touch Reader - at least it has an MRU list (the alternative being having to search, then search, then search.... to bounce back and forth between PDFs). And... now it prints!

Search tags for this page
app for landscape viewing pdf surface
can you view pdf on a surface
how to mark up pdf on surface

how to view pdf on surface

how to view pdfs on surface
markup pdf surface
microsoft surface mark up odf
pdfs on surface
surface pdf markup not showing up
viewing pdfs on surface rt

Members online