What's new

[PHOTO] album of your Surface Pro 3 desk set up

mahjong

Here is mine, totally mobile!

View attachment 3648

Don't worry, I'm totally recovered but still that's the way I use my SP3. Always mobile, no monitors, no mice. The only cord coming in is the power one!

My first thought was that the Surface Pro 3 was controlling the machine providing you pain relief drugs... you looks stoned in that picture.

HAHAHA

Hello Frank I join this community too.

Pyro515

My desk is a work in progress. I have all the pipe cut and painted, I just have to build it now.

The second pic is the table top, there will be a plate of glass sitting on top of the 2 antique doors. Can't wait to get it all finished and up and running :)

Attachments

• Desk-ComputerGenerated.PNG
    Desk-ComputerGenerated.PNG
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,186
  • WP_20140315_15_42_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140315_15_42_00_Pro.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 929

mtalinm

SP3 i7 in Dock.
two daisy-chained monitors: 1920x1080 and 2160x1440.
Kensington Expert Mouse and Microsoft Natural MultiMedia Keyboard 1.0A (from 1995 or something like that - have never found its equal!)

Attachments

• WP_20140915_001.jpg
    WP_20140915_001.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 1,151

agt499

My dual use set-up for my work laptop when I bring it home since I don't have VPN rights on my SP3.

Dell U2412M
Samsung SyncMaster 216BW (need a new monitor)
Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock
SP3 i5/8GB/256GB

0914142035.jpg
I don't want to hijack the thread, and haven't got a photo just yet, but can I ask Does the display scaling drive you insane with this setup??
I find with 24 inch 1920x1090 monitors, that no matter what settings I choose the SP3 screen items always display much smaller than they do when undocked, and quite fuzzy just to rub it in. With 'Choose one scaling level for all my displays' on the clarity is great, but sizing even worse.
Has anyone found a way to force the scaling size independently?

ruinah

the display scaling drives me nuts just with one monitor, having to log out and back in every time. I really wish there was a fix for this.

GTiceman

I don't want to hijack the thread, and haven't got a photo just yet, but can I ask Does the display scaling drive you insane with this setup??
I find with 24 inch 1920x1090 monitors, that no matter what settings I choose the SP3 screen items always display much smaller than they do when undocked, and quite fuzzy just to rub it in. With 'Choose one scaling level for all my displays' on the clarity is great, but sizing even worse.
Has anyone found a way to force the scaling size independently?

It drives me nuts on the Sammy. The Dell scaling isn't too bad. I have tried both sets of settings and I am running the latest display drivers direct from Intel. MY 24 is a 1920x1200 mind you and the Sammy isn't even 1080p. I want a second 16:10 monitor that I can daisy chain via DP, the dell doesn't support it and the other 24" model is only 1080

Last edited:

null4end

My SP3 docked in the MS docking station and connected to the middle monitor via mini-DP to DVI through the dock and to the side monitor through mini-DP to DVI connected directly to the SP3.

Attachments

• IMAG00082.jpg
    IMAG00082.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 1,018

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
the display scaling drives me nuts just with one monitor, having to log out and back in every time. I really wish there was a fix for this.
I don't have any issues with Scaling, I use a 24" 1080p Samsung External Monitor (I use it on a Miracast Adapter), it is crisp and clear. I use the slider at the 3rd position.

wditters

My home office setup:

Surface Pro i7/512 + Dock
2 x Lenovo LT2934z daisy-chained in 2x 2560x1080
Ergotron LX Dual Display Lift stand
Microsoft Sculpt Mobile + Logitech M555b
AudioEngine A5 speakers

Attachments

• Home setup.jpg
    Home setup.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 3,532
Last edited: